Can I use Shopify payment as a provider while living overseas?

hicham
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, 

I am a USA citizen living overseas, I want to ad Shopify payment as my provider since it is trusted however I could not do that because I am in a country that is not supported by Shopify payment, so my question can I just change the store country and apply for approval? I have my social number, usa bank account, and a US passport, but not a USA address since all my irs papers work and bank statements have my Overseas address so what is the solution for this issue? is creating an LLC  will solve the issue  or at least use my oveseas address along with the usa verification ?Thanks 

Reply 1 (1)

PMike
Shopify Partner
134 12 20

If you are a US citizen and have a US bank account, you should be able to use Shopify Payments to process payments in your store. However, if you are living in a country that is not supported by Shopify Payments, you may need to use a third-party payment gateway instead.

Regarding your question about changing the store country and applying for approval, it's important to note that Shopify requires merchants to have a physical address in the country where they operate their business. Changing the store country without having a physical address there may cause issues with compliance and verification. Additionally, using an overseas address along with US verification may not be possible as Shopify requires merchants to have a valid physical address in the country where they operate their business.

Creating an LLC in the US may be an option for you, but it is important to consult with a lawyer and tax professional to understand the legal and tax implications of doing so. They can provide guidance on the best course of action based on your specific situation.

Fordeer Invoice Order Printer - The great tool for the best business!
https://link.fordeer.io/YZL4Ge