Can't Issue Store Credit To Customer Accounts? What?

greengoblin37
Excursionist
16 0 15

I have been looking on the forums for half an hour now and to my bewilderment, I believe I am seeing that Shopify does not have any sort of Store Credit functionality? How is that even possible considering how many merchandise-type stores must be built with Shopify. Does anyone know if this is correct, and if so, if there is an App? I would need my customers to be able to maintain a rolling Store Credit balance that they could use all, or a portion of, as a checkout payment method.

And please don't mention the "gift card" option. That is in no way the same thing.

Replies 39 (39)
Y_Miron
Shopify Partner
12 0 4

Same goes here. I recommend https://apps.shopify.com/rise-ai. It is a store credit/gift card app that lets you easily send branded store credit directly to the recipient along with an explanation and graphics to fit your store.

BehemothNZ
1 0 1

But, it's not totally cash?  As the system deems it a discount and therefore you can't use an additional discount code as you would for cash?

urban802
Excursionist
15 0 10

Not sure if you're still on this platform but it's now 2020 and Shopify STILL doesn't have a solution to this.  My question to your is how do you handle the double dipping of sales when you have to issue a gift card as store credit?  When I view the refund report it zero's out the inventory refund I make, so the refund doesn't get counted, now when the customer uses the gift card I would get hit with a SALE AGAIN.  Of course I have had three different convo's with the "gurus" and they are clueless about this issue.  But I constantly hear they are going to move this issue up to the "developers"  I'm starting to think they play a huge drinking game when talking to us about this issue, and everytime the mention that phrase they get to drink. I am now actively looking at other platforms.

violetsea
Excursionist
26 0 17

this is very shocking. For example if I make customers use credit then they will still have to meet the minimum requirement amount to qualify for free shipping (Credit amount won't be included in that). With gift card you cant do that. Gift card sucks if you try to use it as credit. THIS CORE feature should be available at shopify. what? we are supposed to spend more money and buy an app for this one too? sucks big time

violetsea
Excursionist
26 0 17

It is 2020 DECEMBER now. Has your developers developed anything on this?

urban802
Excursionist
15 0 10

Oh I’m quite certain it’s included with their larger platform Shopify Pro. I follow large boutiques that have shopify platform and I’m quite certain they aren’t having the same issues. shopify has the fix, just not for us.  

PS the bee roll out of POS that costs twice as much offers NOTHING NEW

violetsea
Excursionist
26 0 17

I don't think so. Shopify just leaves out some core features. If it is in Shopify Pro then I don't mind upgrading. Need to know for sure they have it on Pro. I don't think they have. They just suck and that's it and now we are stuck not being able to improve and business and profit with needed features. 

violetsea
Excursionist
26 0 17

The crazy part is how they ignored this core feature for the past 5 yrs although it was brought up in 2016? I know she shopify stock is up but I think it will go down as they don't listen to their customer's needs. how can you miss this core feature for this long?

jonas16
1 0 0

Hi folks,

I'm wondering, can I run a store credit app (eg Fresh Credit, Rewardify, Rise) if I make it optional for customers to create an account? In other words, will the app still work for my account-holders if I have other customers who haven't created an account?

Thanks!

violetsea
Excursionist
26 0 17

They need to create an account. EVEN after that it is not that easy. I started using rewardify. It works only sometimes. It is so embarrassing when customers call and tell me they don't see the store credit after we have issued it to their accounts. sometimes the store credit it there but the customers are not able to use. In summary all these problems that our customers face and us dealing with them like this makes us look unprofessional. Sucks big time. Both Rewardify as well as shopify. I regret starting my shop via shopify. It is missing the core feature of "store Credit," and to compensate for this deficiency we buy a bandage called "Rewardify App" and that Bandage doesn't work properly either making us look so unprofessional. is there an app that will make the rewardify app work properly?

is there a bandage for a bandage for a bandage.................... infinite loop of bandages.

Instead of building core features shopify built a spinny glob live view feature and ruined the old good version which was working just fine. Shopify sucks!