Canadian head shop having hard time finding processor

Fenrisky
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey , 

need some advice .  I  have decided to start an online head shop since weed is legal in Canada and things are becoming less grey . However was unaware that Shopify couldn't directly take care of payments for me . So once I was contacted by them stating so. They recommended two companies that could help a Canadian business like mine   EMB or authorize.net . Me being eager to get things going I contacted EMB as it was the first one in the email Shopify sent me.   that was on Dec 21st , we are now Feb 3rd and nothing . For the last 6 weeks all I am getting is the run around . now the sales exec wont even reply to emails . I get it I am a small business I am also a brand new business with no client base yet and we use a fulfillment center. In the last week or so I have been trying to find other options for credit cards  .  So far everyone I have contacted can not help a Canadian head shop as they don't have processors up in Canada.  I did contact Authorize but haven't heard anything in a week form them either . So is anyone able to process credit cards for a Canadian online head shop ?  I see lots of head shops in Canada on Shopify accepting credit cards so got to be someone . 

Replies 2 (2)

RandAlThor
Visitor
2 0 0

Have you tried checking those other sites to see who is hosting them or what payment provider they are using? I just tried to check Friendly Stranger but I couldn't see if they were accepting payments or not. 

Fenrisky
Visitor
3 0 0

Well still not any further .  it seems the issue with EMB is the processor not EMB themselves they have actually been great moving forward . The processor is slow as molasses to respond I am supposedly in the last step to get to use them but been waiting over a week for the processor to send the final documents . So it does seem like at least EMB can help a Canadian head shop out . It's just going to take a lot of time and patience .