FROM CACHE - en_header

Change shipping rate currency

chong
Excursionist
33 1 3

Hi, just a brief intro to understand this issue I'm facing.  My address is in Singapore hence my countries currency is in SGD. Therefore, I have edited my store currency under settings -> general -> store currency to USD. Everything in my store is working fine as everything displayed in my store is using the USD currency I set. I wanted to set a shipping flat rate of USD $10. However, upon inspection via my mobile device and PC, I noticed that the currency rates displayed in the checkout -> shipping is automatically converted from SGD -> USD. Hence, the weird numbers due to currency fluctuations. For E.G. under settings -> shipping and delivery -> manage rates -> my desired country -> edit rates . I entered a value of $10. However, in my shipping checkout section instead displays the converted value of SGD to USD. Is there a way to set my shipping currency to USD instead? I sincerely hope someone can help me out here. Cheers!

My Site : https://dreamydesignco.com

bug1.PNG

bug2.PNG

Replies 4 (4)
chong
Excursionist
33 1 3

Nvm, I figured it out. Thanks anyways 🙂

snikki
1 0 0

This is the exact issue I'm having and I can't find a solution anywhere. I'm based in Canada and my store's default currency is CAD. I have set up multiple currencies so that I also sell in USD. I want to charge flat fee shipping of $2 to the U.S... but in the checkout, I see that it fluctuates because the shipping fee is being converted from CAD. So for my US customers, it's showing up as $1.55 (depending on the day). And because it fluctuates depending on what the conversion is, I can't accurately advertise what the flat fee shipping is.

How did you solve it?

Washi_Wednesday
9 0 0

How do you able to solve it? And this should be considered a serious bug from Shopify. I change the currency and continue selling. After several months only I found out Shopify is showing the converted value based on shipping profile. 

Untitled-3.png

  

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 21.46.13.png

From Browser, the shipping currency is the same as my store currency, which is USD. But from the mobile app, the shipping currency is SGD. No wonder it converts the value because it allows the store to have another currency for the shipping rate. Shopify should account for all my losses due to their bug. 

shiju
1 0 0

Hi Chong,

Would you be able to share how you fixed this issue? I'm having the same issue. Thanks