Charging shipping for every package ordered in one order

Luvabel
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

I sell a fixed dimension package and my client just ordered two of the same packages in 1 order. Shopify charged them for rate of 1 package only (Canada post). But now I have to pay double to ship the two packages to my client. (I dont combine packages I keep them separate and create different shipping labels to the same address). Can you help me understand what went wrong and how can I fix this?

Replies 4 (4)

c_and_c
Visitor
2 0 0

My wife and I are having the same problem. We had a customer order TWO boxes. The boxes have fixed shipping at $10. Why did Shopify not charge $20 since shipping is set to $10 a box?

Please assist.

Luvabel
Tourist
6 0 1

I had to install a paid app called Multi Carrier Shipping Label (By PluginHive)
Their support team helped me resolve this issue. But I have to pay them monthly about 9$.

Luvabel
Tourist
6 0 1

I had to install a paid app called Multi Carrier Shipping Label (By PluginHive). Their support team helped me resolve this issue. But I have to pay them monthly about 9$.

saivismitha
Shopify Partner
138 7 32

Hi,

To avoid double pay for the same package, before the customer places an order at the checkout, do not set the default package method and set up the package type method with the product weight and dimensions.

I would suggest the Multi-carrier shipping label app, the app automatically chooses the perfect box for the products placed in order at the checkout and accurately calculates the shipping rates. So, you will not be paying extra charges anymore during shipping. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping