Collect signature upon delivery?

David_Clark
Tourist
5 0 6

We hand-deliver local purchases. How can we collect signatures upon delivery? I was hoping it'd be a feature on the Shopify iOS app, but it is not. 

I've searched for iOS apps that just allow you to collect signatures, but I can't find any. Ones for iPad would be perfect. 

Any ideas?

Replies 14 (14)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there David!

Don here from Shopify!

Thanks for taking the time to post here outlining your requirements.

As you've seen, there currently is no functionality in the mobile app to collect a signature as you need.

I've spent some time looking into this and working with some other teams here to see if there are any possible workarounds.

Something you could consider is using our POS app along with our Order Printer app to print a receipt for the orders made online that your customers could then sign.

This is less-than-ideal obviously, as it sounds like you were hoping to collect your customers' signatures digitally?

It is actually possible to collect signatures digitally when using the POS app, though this would only work where the order is being paid via POS and not online.

What we can do for you from here though is to file a feature request with our developer team so we can see about getting this added in a future build of the platform or apps.

Let us know as much as you can here about what you'd like to be able to do so we can file the best request possible here.

Thanks again for letting us know about this!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

morleypb
Visitor
1 0 3

EAGER to be able to collect digital signatures upon delivery to customers.

WillowPark
Visitor
1 0 1

Don - Has there been any progress to this? We do a lot of instore pick ups and it would be helpful to have a signature collection option to verify the pick up.

omniCreature
Visitor
1 0 0

need this to accept special orders in pos

jopmoreira
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi there Don,

is there anything on the works for this option?

Thanks

JoP

moe1044
Tourist
7 0 1

Did anyone found anything?

Chrishel
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Don, 

Any progress on this matter? I recently had a chargeback and they asked for the customers signature from pickup. This feature would have really helped me 

djaguero
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Any news?

Chrishel
Visitor
3 0 0

Still not a feature as of yet but I find that incorporating a docusign or google docs link to be sent with pick up & delivery customers works for me. It’s automatic & helps me win chargeback cases 

jdward30
Visitor
1 0 0

@Don (or whomever is monitoring this @Shopify) -  We are all so very anxious to hear if this is a possibility yet?  

EF_Mattress
Visitor
1 0 1

I am very interested in this option as well, since we do all of our deliveries. I would like to create a basic signature page that I can have a little bit of info (refund policy, warranty policy, etc) that they can sign for and attach it to their order automatically. 

Chrishel
Visitor
3 0 0

Still not a feature as of yet but I find that incorporating a docusign or google docs link to be sent with pick up & delivery customers works for me. It’s automatic & helps me win chargeback cases 

nickcicc
Tourist
3 2 2

Hi Chrishel,

Is it possible to connect with you to discuss this workaround you have and how you've managed to put it into practice?

My email is nick@n2ndigital.com.au

Thanks

Nick

BrynM
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi we use the Easy Routs app in Shopify. It works so well with Photo, and Signature and is great for the delivery route. We love it in the back office and so do the drivers 

Unfortunately, it does not work for collections I have asked to add the feature. 

Happy selling. 

Bryn 

https://support.roundtrip.ai/