Customer receiving perpetual loading screen after clicking "secure checkout" in the shopping cart.

laneperks
3 0 0

Hi there,

I have a isolated case of a customer who keeps hitting a perpetual loading screen after they enter their shopping cart and click 'secure checkout'. We are still receiving orders so it is not widespread. The customer has tried on both edge & chrome browsers and they are up to date versions. 

Is there any other specific reason a customer might not be able to enter the secure checkout page? 

0 Likes
Michal17
Shopify Partner
820 73 143

Hi @laneperks 

Hope you're having a great day!

You should check the status page for reported service outages of your store. Please note that some outages may only affect online stores in a particular region. So be sure to log into your store on the status page and check for incidents. 

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

0 Likes
laneperks
3 0 0

Hi @Michal17 ,

Our store was receiving other orders during this time, so this was an isolated experience to one customer. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Michal17
Shopify Partner
820 73 143

Hi @laneperks 

Hope you're having a great day!

Did you check the status page of your online store?

A few months ago, some Shopify store owners noticed that the credit card payment option was temporarily unavailable on their online store. So it’s not always the entire store that will be unavailable. Sometimes specific services (Shopify admin, checkout, storefront, third-party services like payment gateways, etc.) of your online store may stop working for a specific customer (browser cache issue).

So be sure to log into your store on the status page and check for incidents.

0 Likes
laneperks
3 0 0

Hi @Michal17 ,

I did check the status of the store, and we are not having any issues. We have another customer this morning who is running into the same issue. This is an isolated incident as we still have many other customers able to complete purchases at the same time. 

""Hello, I’m trying to make a purchase and when I go to my basket and click on Secure checkout, nothing happens. How do I pay for the tickets? I have tried google chrome, firefox, internet explorer and on my phone and none of these let me checkout"

Any ideas?

0 Likes