Delete/edit product "Types"

PRSC
2 0 2

am struggling with the same - nothing to contribute but i want to know if anyone comes up with a solution!

0 Likes
vestiquehq
Tourist
3 0 2

I am also having this issue of wanting to delete old product types, after I have left no products as "orphans." Would love a solution for this!

0 Likes
Amoursolo
1 0 1

It's 2021 and customer support still not noticing this issue

vestiquehq
Tourist
3 0 2

Let me make an amendment to my original comment- my old and completely empty product types are in fact disappearing after I make sure that no products are affiliated with that specific product type. It didn't happen instantaneously which is what caused me to write on here a few days ago, but I believe they started to disappear maybe about an hour after I emptied that type. I have been going to all products, more filters, product type, selecting the one that I want to delete (which shows all items with the selected product type) then either deleting the products if applicable or changing to a newer, more appropriate product type, until none show up under that filter. About an hour later, the old product type disappears from the list when creating a new product or from the list when filtering. I hope this info helps! 

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi I have a long list of product type that doesn't exist, for me is a big problem, I use a widget for product type and now is wrong

0 Likes
HuiLing
2 0 2

Hi, I would like to know how to EDIT the product type as well. Anyone here knows how?

DaisyMae
Tourist
5 0 6
Don't think Shopify has figured this out to date. Everyone here is asking
the same question. Hopefully they will see soon that this is a big problem
and do something about it.
Samanthajben
1 0 0

We are trying to clean up our product types as well, and would LOVE to delete old Product Types as there is way too much room for error with similar existing ones - when training new employees etc this is very risky as so much relys on porduct types (ie auto filling collections, merchandising, SEO etc) = Loss in sales. SHOPIFY YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!! 

0 Likes
iopool
2 0 0

+1 Shopify you should take a look to fix this at is a common source of mistake. 

0 Likes
iopool
2 0 0

My bad, seems like you just need to wait a few times before the removed types disappear from the selectable options.

0 Likes