Does deactivating a store still incur monthly service fees?

Rick81
Visitor
2 0 0

If we deactivate a store are we still invoiced on a monthly service fee?

Replies 3 (3)

Erin
Shopify Staff
945 127 147

Hi, @Rick81. Do you mind if I ask why you'd like to close your store? Is there anything we can help with?

Once you deactivate your store you would not be charged any new monthly subscription fees. That being said, if you have any outstanding bills you would still be charged for those. If you still want to close your account, you can follow the steps explained here to do so. That page also goes over some points to consider before you close your store.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'm happy to continue helping if you do.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rick81
Visitor
2 0 0
Can you also tell me, since my account was just charged again if Shopify will refund the month?

Thank you
Rick
Erin
Shopify Staff
945 127 147

Hi, @Rick81.

For further help with this it's best to reach out to our live support team through this page. We aren't able to see your billing or account information here over the Shopify Community, but if you reach out to us through the page I shared we'd be able to review this with you in more detail. This guide on understanding billing may help in the meantime as well. It goes over how to review and understand charges to your account.

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog