FROM CACHE - en_header

Domain Purchase Error - "Edit Store Information"

WorkFromHome
1 0 3

Hey! 

I've been trying to purchase a new domain for my store. The domain shows as available and I'm able to purchase the domain. However, after going through the purchase, I get the error "Please Try Again. Edit Store Information". After checking my store information, my credit card info is correct, my address is up to date, and all billing information is correct as well. I know that my credit card is working because I was able to purchase a new plan using the same card. 

Behind the scenes, it looks like the purchase is going through and the bill is getting sent to my inbox, however, it is then immediately refunded as you can see in my payment history. 

Refunded Domain PurchasesRefunded Domain PurchasesDomain Purchase ErrorDomain Purchase Error

Replies 8 (8)
Mila_Lansdowne1
Tourist
3 0 1

I have the same problem - are you on the free trial?

abhi9
1 0 0

i am also on free trial

Patrick012
1 0 0

Same to my free trial when I buy domain name at it appears "Please try again - edit your store information" I try to download new version google chrome and clear all cache but still nothing happens 😒🙄🤔

Please help us shopify support team

allazzon22
1 0 0

me too same problem

Lauren1111
1 0 0

I am also having the same issue, I have been told it's my phone number format is incorrect. I then try update my phone number and it doesn't update when I click save. Please help I need to get my site live!

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 257

Hey, @Lauren1111. Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble purchasing a domain though. That’s frustrating!

If it is the phone number that is causing the issue, let’s start by checking the format of it. Each country has its own format requirements. Some registries are very picky about the phone number, and more often than not it’s the country’s dial code that isn’t being entered exactly as they need it to be. Google is the best resource for finding the dial codes of different countries. 

So, which country are you located in?

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

krn1997
1 0 0

I already did with my code. Still no luck. my code is +91-****** (phone number). Everything is capital and right spelling. Why simple things have got to be so difficult.

Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 174 257

Hey, @krn1997. I understand your frustration. The domain registry tends to be very specific in how it requires a phone number to be entered, so let’s figure this out for you. 

Generally, using a dash in the phone number format will not be accepted, but using either spaces, or a dot will. Therefore please try each of the following formats in the examples below, for your phone number to see if any of these formats will allow you to make your domain purchase. Let me know which one works!

• +91.1234.567890
  • +91.1234 567890
  • +91 1234 567890

However, if you are still not able to finish purchasing your domain after you’ve tried each of the above phone number formats, then we can take a closer look into this for you and possibly have our Billing team assist with the purchase. We’ll need to access your account in order to do so. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog