Solved

dropshipping with zero dollars?

Abdalkareem
Visitor
3 0 0

is it possible to start dropshipping with zero dollars?

of course i will buy a shopify plan , buying the product to record tiktok videos and maybe a domain name

but do i have to have money to fulfil the orders or apps ?

and can i fullfil the orders from the money they paid or that i have to have money and pay upfront then receive my money

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Abdalkareem.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question.

It is possible to start a dropshipping business without requiring too much money as you can start listing the products for free on your store. However, it's important to note that some dropshipping apps aren't free and/or they offer more premium products with their paid plans so this will depend on which service provider you're using and what types of products you'd like to list. 

After making a sale, you can wait to receive your payouts before fulfilling the order. However, this isn't something that we'd recommend as it may be detrimental for your customer's experience as it can take several business days for you to receive some of the payouts with most payment providers. In short, you're better off starting with some funds to get the ball rolling with order fulfillments. 

That being said, since you're looking to start dropshipping, then we'd also recommend taking a look at our guide, The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping, as it can share some tips and advice that can be beneficial for your business. 

I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community! I'd love to hear more about your business idea and share some resources to help you get started. What kinds of products are you looking to dropship? Also, do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Abdalkareem.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question.

It is possible to start a dropshipping business without requiring too much money as you can start listing the products for free on your store. However, it's important to note that some dropshipping apps aren't free and/or they offer more premium products with their paid plans so this will depend on which service provider you're using and what types of products you'd like to list. 

After making a sale, you can wait to receive your payouts before fulfilling the order. However, this isn't something that we'd recommend as it may be detrimental for your customer's experience as it can take several business days for you to receive some of the payouts with most payment providers. In short, you're better off starting with some funds to get the ball rolling with order fulfillments. 

That being said, since you're looking to start dropshipping, then we'd also recommend taking a look at our guide, The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping, as it can share some tips and advice that can be beneficial for your business. 

I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community! I'd love to hear more about your business idea and share some resources to help you get started. What kinds of products are you looking to dropship? Also, do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog