Editing Orders for Local delivery.

OppaFoodies
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi Shopify,

Have this issue been escalated? I believe there have been alot of queries on when Shopify is going to update the system to allow shops edit orders using local delivery.

Without this option, it is really a pain in the neck and alot of manual work as if I am living in the 20th century. 

Thank you.

Replies 13 (13)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @OppaFoodies.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you're looking for the ability to edit orders containing local delivery. While I can see how this feature can be beneficial for our merchants, like yourself, this feature request has already been escalated. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to add you to this feature request as well, as this can help our developers prioritize highly requested features when developing our platform. That being said, if Shopify moves forward with any changes or updates to the order editing processes - you'll be able to find it on our changelog and updates page.

If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

OppaFoodies
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi,

Thanks for hearing me out. So when you say by adding me to this feature request, my qns is when can I see the updates? Is there any ETA? Are your developer adding this change request as we speak? Thanks.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @OppaFoodies.

Thank you for following up!

I'm afraid there isn't an ETA that I can provide when it comes to feature requests, as platform changes can take an unprecedented amount of time. However, by adding you to the feature request, it can help our developers prioritize the development of requested features. When more information becomes available, or when Shopify moves forward with any updates to the platform, we'll be sure to announce them on our changelog and updates page. 

If you have any other feedback or suggestions, don't hesitate to let me know!

Lichia_Liu
Visitor
2 0 3

Hello! Please add us to this feature request. It's a real pain not being able to edit orders with local delivery, especially as we have a wholesale business and there's often inventory adjustments. 

Thanks,

Lichia

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @Lichia_Liu.

Thank you for joining the thread!

That's not a problem! I understand how important it is for you to be able to edit orders with local delivery, and I'd be happy to add you to this feature request. While this isn't something that I'll be able to provide an ETA for, please keep an eye on our changelog and/or updates page for when Shopify moves forward with any changes to the platform.

Just so I can get more context, do you often edit orders with local delivery for wholesale orders and why?

Lichia_Liu
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi Elias: we are a stationery company and with so many SKUS and multiple wholesale & retail platforms, including brick and mortar stores, accurate inventory is often tricky. Therefore we find ourselves often adjusting wholesale orders if there are backordered/ out of stock items. Sometimes the customer just wants a change in the order due to change of mind. Being able to edit an order seems to be something very basic and I've never understood why it would be unavailable when it's a local delivery. 

Happy to answer any specific questions you have. 

Lichia

melaney
Shopify Partner
13 0 3

Please add my name to the list of merchants wanting this feature! It's extremely annoying given that most people offering local delivery/pickup, make it available for free so it just doesn't make sense that we can't add/edit these customer orders.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @melaney.

Thank you for joining the thread and providing the additional context!

I'd be happy to add you to this feature request and share your feedback with our Development team. Though I'm not able to provide an ETA for feature requests, we'll be sure to announce any changes or updates to our platform on our changelog and/or updates page. 

If you have any other questions or feedback to share, don't hesitate to let me know!

Sharon15
Pathfinder
138 0 46

Add me to the list of merchants who wants this feature, too, please. 

I just stumbled on this issue.  What I really want to know is WHY this was done in the first place?  What is it about local delivery orders that makes it harder to edit so that it had to be implemented later?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Sharon15.

Thanks for joining the thread, and I'd be happy to add you to the feature request.

The ability to edit orders was released well before the local delivery and pickup features, so it's likely that the latter still needs to be developed further. While I'm not able to say why it's harder to implement nor am I able to provide an ETA for this feature request, we'll be sure to announce on our changelog or updates page if Shopify moves forward with any changes to the platform. 

If you've any other questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

tprcoffee
Visitor
1 0 0

As others have stated, This opportunity to edit orders for Local Delivery is needed.  This is almost insane that Shopify has taken this long to modify this feature to accommodate our customers.  I have retail and wholesale products that are produced in limited quantity every week.  If we need to substitute a product and want to have  an accurate record of the substitution, as others have stated, is a pain. 
Please add me to the list of that is requesting the ability to edit Local Delivery orders.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Greetings, @tprcoffee.

Thank you for the additional context!

I understand that your products are limited and you need the ability to offer substitutions on orders with local delivery/pickup. While I'm unable to provide a timeline on feature requests, as platform changes can take an unprecedented amount of time. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to add you to this request. If Shopify moves forward with any changes with editing orders, we'll be sure to announce them on our changelog and/or updates page. 

If you'd like something that can help accomplish what you're looking for in the meantime, then I'd recommend taking a look at Store Pickup + Delivery by Zapiet. This app offers a free trial and has the ability to manage orders with local delivery/pickup. If you need any help with this app, the app developer is always available to assist you - you can reach out to them directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

I'd love to know if the Store Pickup + Delivery app can be a solution for you. Let me know!

Kieran_B
4 0 0

Hi,

Please add me to the list of people who would like this feature added.

Thanks