Can FedEx account details be integrated with Shopify for label printing?

LA_GENT1
Tourist
38 0 3

Hi, 

I have a Fedex account which I would like to start using more frequently however cannot figure out a way to integrate into Shopify or vice versa. To be clear I don't want live shipping rates as I have a flat rate with my contract. I want to be able to use Fedex the same way I use Royal Mail Click and Drop i.e the order details including customer addresses etc are imported automatically into Fedex or vice versa so I can print labels without all the manual copy and paste I currently need to do.

Thanks

Replies 5 (5)

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @LA_GENT1,

Shopify allows you to integrate your own FedEx account, but you would only be able to display FedEx rates at checkout. To handle other features like printing FedEx labels or handling tracking, you will have to use an app like our FedEx Rates, Labels, and Tracking app

With the app, once the order is placed, you will be able to generate FedEx labels from the Shopify orders page with a single click along with all the customer details automatically imported. Once the labels are generated with the customer details, the tracking number is generated and the order is automatically marked as "fulfilled". 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
LisaNM
Excursionist
11 0 2

@PluginHive I am looking at the pluginhive app for this. To clarify, I can use this app without using live carrier calculated rates? I strictly want it for printing labels as I already have programmed rates through another app. TIA

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @LisaNM,

You can use the PluginHive Ship, Rate & Track app for FedEx only to generate shipping labels and not display rates. However, you can only generate the labels if the rates are configured within Shopify and not an external app. Whatever rates you have configured under the Shopify settings, you can use them and then use the app only to generate the FedEx shipping labels and handle the tracking. 

Having said that, may I know which app you are using to configure the rates? I can check with our dev team to look over on the working of both the apps together.  

Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
LisaNM
Excursionist
11 0 2

@PluginHive thanks. We are using Advanced Shipping Rates, which I absolutely have to use due to our complex shipping set up. I am zooming with someone at your company (M John) later today because he says this can work for us? I am not sure...

PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi @LisaNM,

Apologies if I wasn't clear. The Ship, Rate & Track app for FedEx works very well for label generation. The only thing that has to be clear are the rates you are using with the Advanced Shipping Rates app. Since you are in touch with one of our team member, it would be better to explain your shipping rates set up over the call and see if this can work.