Why isn't free shipping applying across all product groups in Shopify?

busybee100
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi we have several shipping rates for different groups of products because some items are small and light and others are large and heavy.  We want to offer free shipping across the entire site over £50.  I've set up the rates for each group to be free over £50 and I've added free shipping over £50 on the general rates too.  But when we test it, the free shipping only applies if the items in the cart are all from the same group.  Once we add a product from another group then the free shipping doesn't apply.   Have I made a mistake?

Replies 3 (3)

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 95

Hi @busybee100,

Based on your issue, I assume that you have more than one shipping profile. When using multiple shipping profiles, if orders contain products from different profiles this will result in combined rates at the checkout. In your case, it is choosing the "Free Shipping" option only, so when you add products from the other group the other shipping rule is not applied.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
busybee100
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello.  Yes I have multiple shipping profiles for the UK but I have set conditions in each profile so that orders over the same amount are free.  And I have set the same condition for the general profile.  So I was hoping that whatever combination of products that they choose it will be free over the same amount.  But it isn't happening.   If they order a combination it adds up all the shipping and charges them.   It is only free if they order items from the same shipping profile.   

joseazevedo
Visitor
2 0 0

The solution for me was creating an automatic Free Shipping discount that applies to all cart. This way it does not matter how many shipping profiles you have. Just make sure to set other automatic discount codes you have to be able to combine with free shipping. Hope this helps anyone!