I'm trying to set up the following scenario but can't figure out what would be the best approach to set this up in Shopify.
I've been reading through the documentation regarding Shopify locations and that seems to be almost perfect. The only thing that seems to be missing is that you can not assign orders based on country to a specific location. As far as I can see this is only priority based. Working without location-based stock would mean that we have global stock and cannot show accurate if a product is available in the EU for example.
The quick-fix seems to be to create a US store and an EU store but I was wondering if there is anything possible to achieve this in one store?
Does this app rely on stock levels at all? We generally do not keep our stock levels updated in Shopify as it cannot be automatically updated when our fulfillment centers send out orders.
Will the app simply send orders to our US or UK fulfillment centre based purely on address?
Yes this app can send orders to your US and UK fulfillment centers.
It would be best if you could write us at email@example.com , so we can provide you with personalized support.
Has anyone heard from Xperteria? They don't seem to have a public app yet and nobody has responded here if they have a viable option in production.
Yes we have Public app in production, but for now, we are only offering to limited stores only.
Feel free to drop us a line and we'll be happy to review your store : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our app, Order Fulfillment Guru works with multiple fulfillment locations to automate and simplify multi-vendor order management and fulfillment. You can set up routing rules based on shipping method, state, country, postal code, order tag, & customer tag.
The app supports these integrations:
This app is excellent for the IP redirect from a customer-facing POV: https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-geo-functions - it allows you to customise what products customers see based on IP address location mapped to Shopify warehouse location.
I'm not affiliated with the app but am using it for this purpose and it's working great. Am still having problems on the locations > inventory > orders-from-a-specifc country front though
Here's our app overview:
• You will be able to setup Shopify multi-location within your Shopify admin.
• For each location/warehouse, you can set which countries are allowed to buy from it.
For example: if you have a warehouse in the USA, but you also want Canadian customers to be able to
order from your USA warehouse, you will be able to set that.
• On the product page, customers will be able to select their location through a drop-down.
• If stock is available in their location, they will be able to Add to cart, otherwise it will show “Out of stock”.
• Admin will be able to set location based inventory in their Shopify back-office.
So you can:
• Allocate your inventory for each location.
• Allow customers to purchase from their nearest warehouse only (can be changed from admin).
• Set different stock levels for each location.
• Auto detect customer location or manually allow customers to pick a location.
For example - you have two warehouses:
USA - for customers from USA
Canada - for customers from Canada only.
Your customers from Canada will be able to purchase stock available in Canada warehouse only.
This way you can avoid overselling, and manage stock from one place.
If you have any inquiries, please feel free to get in touch : email@example.com