Solved

Can Shopify reflect stock from multiple locations for online sales?

kateg
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello,

We sell from our warehouse and 2 store locations, has anyone found a way so that online can sell from all stock available, so if the warehouse is out of stock but the London store has stock it will also show that stock and allow it to be sent from that store?

Accepted Solution (1)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @kateg.

Thanks for posting in our Community forum. I noticed that you are new here, welcome! As I understand it, you would like some more information regarding fulfilling from multiple locations. I'm happy to provide some information on the subject

You can set up multiple locations in your Shopify store so that you can track inventory and fulfill orders at your locations. Your locations can be retail stores, warehouses, popups, dropshippers, or any other place where you manage or stock inventory. To make sure your inventory quantities are always accurate, online orders and in-person sales are assigned to locations. If some of your inventory is out of stock at one location, but it’s in stock at another location, then Shopify will split the order so that it can be fulfilled from multiple locations. 

You can change the list of locations that stock the product and adjust the inventory levels of the product at each location. When orders are placed through any online sales channel, they're assigned to a location where they should be fulfilled based on the priority list and available inventory. If any location can fulfill the entire order, then the inventory is taken from that location. The shipping cost will be determined based on which warehouse is shipping out the order (and the distance to your customer). Once you have set up your locations, you can establish your location fulfillment priority by following these steps: 

1. Go to Settings > Locations.
  2. In the Fulfillment priority section, click Edit fulfillment priority.
  3. Drag the locations into your preferred sequence.
  4. Click Save.

If you have more than one active location, then you need to specify how to fulfill online orders. There are several ways to set up your locations for fulfilling orders. For your situation, you may consider setting this so that online orders will fulfill from a primary location, and fulfill from other locations if the product isn't in stock at the primary location. You can do this by setting the priority of locations for fulfilling orders. To learn more about setting up your locations, check out this great tutorial: 

Please let me know if you have any questions about that! In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business. Have you recently opened your Shopify store? How has everything been going so far? 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

If all 3 are locations in Shopify you should be able to fulfil out of whichever one has stock: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/locations/setting-up-your-location-fulfillments

If you want items for online orders to fulfill from a primary location, and fulfill from other locations if the product isn't in stock at the primary location, then you can set the priority of locations for fulfilling orders. Make sure each location that you want to fulfill from has Fulfill online orders from this location selected.

Regards

Tom

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @kateg.

Thanks for posting in our Community forum. I noticed that you are new here, welcome! As I understand it, you would like some more information regarding fulfilling from multiple locations. I'm happy to provide some information on the subject

You can set up multiple locations in your Shopify store so that you can track inventory and fulfill orders at your locations. Your locations can be retail stores, warehouses, popups, dropshippers, or any other place where you manage or stock inventory. To make sure your inventory quantities are always accurate, online orders and in-person sales are assigned to locations. If some of your inventory is out of stock at one location, but it’s in stock at another location, then Shopify will split the order so that it can be fulfilled from multiple locations. 

You can change the list of locations that stock the product and adjust the inventory levels of the product at each location. When orders are placed through any online sales channel, they're assigned to a location where they should be fulfilled based on the priority list and available inventory. If any location can fulfill the entire order, then the inventory is taken from that location. The shipping cost will be determined based on which warehouse is shipping out the order (and the distance to your customer). Once you have set up your locations, you can establish your location fulfillment priority by following these steps: 

1. Go to Settings > Locations.
  2. In the Fulfillment priority section, click Edit fulfillment priority.
  3. Drag the locations into your preferred sequence.
  4. Click Save.

If you have more than one active location, then you need to specify how to fulfill online orders. There are several ways to set up your locations for fulfilling orders. For your situation, you may consider setting this so that online orders will fulfill from a primary location, and fulfill from other locations if the product isn't in stock at the primary location. You can do this by setting the priority of locations for fulfilling orders. To learn more about setting up your locations, check out this great tutorial: 

Please let me know if you have any questions about that! In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business. Have you recently opened your Shopify store? How has everything been going so far? 

kateg
Tourist
10 0 1

Amazing, thank you!!!

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @kateg.

No worries at all. If there is anything else we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach back out.

All the best, 

kateg
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello Luna,

Great we have been able to sell 15 extra items by doing this but we have 2 issues to solve:

1. Stock from the shop is not automatically adjusted when we send the product and we have to manually adjust the figures, is there a fix for this?

2.Is there a way we can isolate just a collection from our shop so it doesn't show online? It's our outlet where often a product can be marked and not fit to sell via our webstore.

Kate

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @kateg.

I'm so happy to hear that you've been able to sell additional products by enabling this feature! To address your first concern, can you please ensure that you have set up inventory tracking? To do so, follow these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.

2. Click the name of the product that you want to track.

3. If the product has variants, then click the variant that you want to track.

4. In the Inventory section, check Track quantity.

5. If you want to allow customers to purchase the item when it's out of stock, then check Continue selling when out of stock.

6. In the Quantity section, enter the quantity information for each location.

7. Click Save.

Please let me know if that helps. In regards to hiding certain collections from your online store, you can go into Collections > Click on the collection of choice > Collection availability (Manage) > Uncheck "Online Store" > Done > Save: 

25-07-72366-64602.png

This will allow you to remove the collection from your online store, while not removing it altogether.

Please let me know if you have any questions, Kate. 

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @kateg.

Just checking in. Did that solution help to solve your questions? If not, we can definitely continue to work on this together.

Warmly, 

kateg
Tourist
10 0 1

oddly I took off the outlet collections from our shop to sell online you could still view but only at checkout stage it stopped the customer checking out.

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @kateg.

Thanks for getting back to me with that context! Do you still have the collection attached to your navigation settings? You can remove a menu item to delete it from your online store navigation by following these steps:

This would prevent customers from still being able to view the collection on your online store. Just remember to add it back, when/if you want to enable the collection again. Let me know if that does the trick!

Talk soon, 

kateg
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello,

So not sure of the solution, when a customer adds items to basket with one item which is out of stock from the central warehouse but in stock at the store it allows it to go as far as check out but then will not allow check out.

kateg
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi Luna,

The issue is with the POS stock location, when a customer goes online and the stock draws from the POS outlet location is doesn't allow the customer to check out.

When I tried to solve by switching the POS online location as one to be drawn from shopify still tried to draw down from the stock.