Getting "Your connection is not private" when I enter the check out page of my website on iPhones

TAEinc
1 0 0

Hello,

I am getting a "Your connection is not private" error page on just iPhones every time I get to the checkout page on my newly created website. It says "attackers might be trying to steal your information" How do I fix this? It will turn every single iPhone user trying to purchase a product from me away. 

Replies 9 (9)
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1254 114 145

Hi, @TAEinc!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query. 

I'm just after checking your store using an iPhone 7 and I was unable to recreate this error. Are you using the Safari browser to view the store? If not, what browser are you using? As well, is it possible for you to connect with a different internet provider to replicate the error you are seeing? For example, instead of using your wifi internet provider, could you use your mobile phone provider to access your store instead? 

Please let me know how this goes!

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bluewhalecity
2 0 0

Hello Ted, 

My Shopify website has same error ;

I can see this message when Im trying to connect to below shopify website : Your connection is not private

www.shoppinkvanilla.com

Can you please send me email for the solution.

Removed

Thank you in advance.

Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1254 114 145

Hi @bluewhalecity,

Thanks for letting me know! I've checked the store you mentioned and I can't see an error message like that, for me, both shoppinkvanilla.com and www.shoppinkvanilla.com have their SSL certs issued correctly. Can you try clearing the cache on your browser as mentioned in this guide and replicate the error? If you try a different browser and device, is the same error appearing? If it is, can you share a screenshot of the error with me? 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 

miladudeska
1 0 0

Hello,

I have the same checkout problem with my website http://thalgo.mk/ . It says that my connection is not private and I can't seem to fix it. I tried using multiple devices on multiple networks and the results are same, I even cleared my cache. I would be pleased if someone would get in touch with me in order to fix this. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @miladudeska

This is Rae from Shopify. I'm helping out my colleague Ted with this post. 

I just pulled up your site on both desktop and mobile view on my end, and when I added a product into my cart and navigated to your checkout, I didn't see any connection errors. 

With this in mind, which devices and browsers did you use to test this out on your end? When you tried using different internet connections, were these all wifi connections, or were you able to try using a mobile data connection, too?

In the meantime, can you please reply back to me here with a screenshot of the error you're seeing? That way, I can help take a closer look into this. 

Thanks! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 

lunarlightshop
2 0 0

I am also getting this message that Its not a private connection and stealing info for my store https://lunarlightshop.shop and lunarlightshop.shop

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @lunarlightshop

Thanks for reaching out. 

I took a look over your site on both desktop and mobile view, and I didn't see this error on my end. However, I'm happy to take a closer look into this if you're still seeing this message when you visit your site. 

So that I can continue helping out, can you please confirm if this error is appearing on your checkout, or on another page on your site? Feel free to also share a screenshot of the error with me here, so I can look into this further.

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

lunarlightshop
2 0 0
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 322

Hi, @lunarlightshop

Great! I'm glad to hear everything is working as expected now.  

Did you make any specific changes on your end to resolve this error? If so, please feel free to share more about what you changed, as this information will likely help others in this thread. 

Thanks!