Help with shipping, taxes and rates.

vgdawson
Visitor
2 0 0

I need someone to look at my store, help with shipping, taxes and rates. I have been working on this for 3 months. I really need a shopify store owner who would mentor me. I am really having a hard time fine tuning. I really need a helping hand and I will return the help to someone else who maybe in need on a mentor too. Thanks 

VaNessa,

Mind-Exchange

Replies 3 (3)

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, VaNessa!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

You're welcome to let us know what difficulty you're having with your shipping taxes and rates so the hive mind can point you in the right direction. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

vgdawson
Visitor
2 0 0
Okay, can you look at my store under taxes and shipping tab. Better yet, answer this question. Does shopify has the same sale tax policy as Amazon as it relates to paying sales taxes to the states?
Thanks, waiting for your reply, VaNessa
Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @vgdawson!

Shopify and Amazon are both obliged to follow the tax laws set out by different governments globally, we don't have our own policies for this as such. For this reason, you will find taxes will work the same way for both Shopify and Amazon. The one thing that may change things is the fact your Shopify store is your own business so sales tax for your customers is based on where your business is based. If you're selling on the Amazon marketplace, the taxes are based on where Amazon have a legal presence. By default, the tax settings in your Shopify store will tend to be correct, according to the address you entered for your business but you are welcome to ask me specific questions. This guide explains more about how sales tax works on Shopify. 

If you have questions about how your own tax settings are set up, screenshots would be helpful. I can't access your store without authenticating you. 

Thank you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.