How can I automate variant-based shipping prices for my print store?

cgramly
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I have a storefront selling framed prints. Each product (print) has many different variants (different size, frame and mat combinations) and I need to set up shipping costs based on these variants. In other words, different variants will have different prices. 

I see that I could do this using custom profiles and adding just the variants I want to each profile, but then if I add 10 new images for print I have to go in and do all of this crazy work to add the new print's variants to the profiles. This is not sustainable for me. 

Is there any app that can handle this for me? Like set pricing based on a variant name? Or size?

Thanks!

Trinette

Reply 1 (1)

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
393 25 67

Hi @cgramly ,

Fortunately I have the perfect solution for you.

You can use our app Auto Shipping Profile: Shipr to automate the process of assigning products to shipping profiles. You can create rules like "If variant size equals to large, assign it to large shipping profile". You can create such rules on the basis of variant size, tags, title, vendor, etc.

Do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. We also have live chat support present inside the app for your assistance.

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix