How can I combine shipping costs for different size art prints?

MillerArt
Visitor
2 0 0

UK seller here. I sell large, medium and small art prints, each has a different weight and shipping price individually but if a customer buys say a large print and a medium or small print shipping prices are combined and are much more expensive that they should be. Is there any way to default to say the large print shipping cost when items are in combo?  I've lost quite a few sales because of this.

Replies 4 (4)

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
445 46 75

Greetings @MillerArt ,

When your products belong to distinct shipping profiles, their shipping rates will be combined during the checkout process.

If all your products share the same shipping profile, you can implement a weight slab system by assigning suitable weights to each product.

For instance:

0-2KG: 5 Euro
2-5KG: 10 Euro

By adopting this approach, larger products will incur a 10 Euro shipping cost, while smaller ones will have a 5 Euro shipping cost, without the need for distinct shipping profiles.

For more precise shipping calculations, consider using an app that supports carrier-calculated shipping rates.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
MillerArt
Visitor
2 0 0

That's not the problem. If someone buys a large print the shipping is £9.20. A medium print is £6.49. If they buy the two together the cost should be £9.20 for the two (as the weight of both is still in this range)  but Shopify combines the postage to £15.69. At the moment I'm refunding those customers who still buy at this price but I've lost many others who are put off by it. This is complicated by the use of two carriers here in the UK - Parcelforce (large prints) and Royal Mail (smaller prints). There are other carriers but they are really unreliable. 

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
445 46 75

Hello @MillerArt ,

When your products belong to distinct shipping profiles, their shipping rates will be combined during the checkout process. There is no other solution to this.

You can use the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app. This app will help you provide carrier-calculated rates at checkout for Royal Mail and Parcelforce.

You can also choose to display the services at checkout based on different shipping criteria such as Zone, Quantity, Total Weight, Price, Time, and Weight Range.

For example, you can specify "Parcel Force" for parcels weighing more than 2KG and "Royal Mail" for parcels weighing less than 2KG.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

YOD_Solutions
Shopify Partner
206 23 30

Hello @MillerArt 

It is quite disappointing when shipping rates turn off customers. If your store has carrier-calculated rates activated and you wish to use apps to resolve this, our app JsRates can help you with this. JsRates offers a highly customizable shipping rate solution. If you are keen, we can assist you with configuring your shipping rules (you can contact us on support@jsrates.com)

Founder @ JsRates: Custom Shipping Rates
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more about JsRates visit the JsRates home page or JsRates documentation
- Find JsRates on Shopify app store