How can I correct wrong tracking links from 3PL services in the UK?

GraceENC
Tourist
5 0 2

We use a 3PL service in the UK via the Mintsoft integration. When an order is fulfilled the correct tracking code (royal mail) is sent through to shopify but the tracking link is incorrect and often diverts to Evri, DHL and other couriers. 

I believe Shopify receives the courier as "other" and therefore is trying to select the courier based on the provided tracking code but is not selecting the correct one.

It's not viable for us to manually edit the courier field on every order.

Is there any way to force all tracking links to royal mail or even remove the link function itself via the order fulfilled email?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Grace

Replies 4 (4)

Niels2
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Same issue here. Following this thread if any answers appear 🙂

KOKIO
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi Niels2,

I have posted a potential solution to your issue above.

We use the Courier Service Mapping too to map all of the courier service names to the actual courier services for our clients.

- Your support drives our commitment to providing leading-edge solutions in Ecommerce, Marketing, and Logistics ❤️

- Need bespoke Ecommerce, Marketing, or Logistics solutions? CHAT ON WHATSAPP or EMAIL ME!

- If our solution has been helpful, please show your appreciation with a Like and Mark it as the solution! ❤️

GraceENC
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi,

Finally found out how to solve this with the help of chat GTP. 

Go to "customers/order/liquid"

Find the code starting with:

{% if line_item.fulfillment.tracking_number %}

I simply changed the default tracking code to:

<a href="https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/tracking-results/{{ fulfillment.tracking_number }}" target="_blank">{{ fulfillment.tracking_number }}</a>

Obviously if you use multiple couriers this would cause you an issue but if you're using a single courier like royal mail this should solve the issue. 

KOKIO
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi Grace,

I found your issue on the support forum and wanted to provide a better solution for you.

The name that pulls through for the courier service normally comes directly from your website.

Mintsoft has a tool that allows you to "map" the name that comes through for a specific client or channel to an actual courier service.

For your setup, you would likely just need to capture something to the effect of:

Type: Shopify
Client: All
Courier Service: Royal Mail (choose the actual service)
Name: other (be specific with the text that comes through from your store).

Here is a support article from Mintsoft where you can see how this works: https://support.mintsoft.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360009931291-Courier-Service-Mapping.

If you'd like to discuss this more, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

- Your support drives our commitment to providing leading-edge solutions in Ecommerce, Marketing, and Logistics ❤️

- Need bespoke Ecommerce, Marketing, or Logistics solutions? CHAT ON WHATSAPP or EMAIL ME!

- If our solution has been helpful, please show your appreciation with a Like and Mark it as the solution! ❤️