How can I enable Stripe payments on my account?

Silque
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

I would like to enable Stripe payments for my shopify account but can't seem to find the option under "Add payment method".  Is it something that Shopify staff need to enable?

Thank you

Replies 4 (4)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @Silque.

Thanks for reaching out. 

That is a great question! The availability on the Stripe gateway for your Shopify store will depend on your general location. Could you let us know where you are generally located? As this information will allow me to assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response. 

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Silque
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey Ollie, 

I hope your day is going well!

I'm located in the US, specifically AZ. 

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. 

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hey @Silque 

Thanks for the quick response. 

I appreciate the context that you have provided us! I am happy to inform you that the Stripe gateway is available in your location. With that being said, if you would like to enable the Stripe payment gateway for your online store - you will need to reach out to our live support using the Help Center. Since I cannot authenticate you over the Community forums due to the sensitive information that needs to be shared, I am unable to assist with the specifics. 

When you arrive on the Help Center, you will need to let the virtual assistant aware that you would like to Speak with support and you will be connected directly with a Support Advisor.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Silque
Tourist
3 0 1

You're the man, thanks Ollie! I'm on it. 🙂