How can I fully cancel an order with Printful fulfillment on Shopify?

groma
Visitor
2 0 0

I use Printful to fulfill my order and I cancelled an order on Printful and issued a refund on Shopify, but cannot figure out how to officially cancel the order on Shopify. On my orders page is confirms the refund, but still says Fulfillment in Progress and that it has been requested to Printful. How can I cancel this order entirely?

Replies 3 (3)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @groma.

I noticed that you're a new member of our Community forum, welcome! Thanks for bringing your question to us here. I'm happy to help.

To clarify, did you cancel the fulfillment of the order through the Printful app, rather than the order timeline? If so, you can try and cancel the order completely by following these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.

2. Click the order that you want to cancel.

3. Click More actions > Cancel order.

Do you see that option? If not, you may have to manually cancel the fulfillment first, by following these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Orders.
  2. From the Orders page, click the number of orders in the list that has a Fulfillment status of Fulfilled.
  3. In the Fulfillments section, click the ... button.
  4. Click Cancel fulfillment.
Having canceled the fulfillment within Shopify, you should then be able to cancel the order. You can learn more about this process here: Canceling, Archiving, and Deleting orders

Please let me know if that helps to resolve the issue! In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business. How has everything been going? 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

groma
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Luna, 

Thank you for the response! I was unable to see any options for cancelling either the order or the fulfillment. I was able to use a workaround that I'm not sure was the best way, but solved it in the end. I canceled the order on Printful, refunded my customer on Shopify, then marked the order as fulfilled and returned. This didn't ultimately cancel out the order entirely as I had hoped, but seemed to be the best I could do. 

My store is casual golf wear such as tee shirts, long sleeves, sweatshirts, and hats. I am very excited to have just launched the store. I am hoping to see it grow within the first couple of months. 

Thanks again for the response!

The90sau
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I’ve tried all this method but it still did not work? Also, it does not show on Printful.