How can I manually mark an order as fulfilled?

Ginger_Wong
Tourist
4 0 2

One of my orders had a bit of a snafu and never got automatically sent and fulfilled at Printful.

So I manually created the order at Printful, and sent it to my customer directly from there.

How do I manually mark this order as "fulfilled" now? 

I don't think I want to do Request Fulfillment, because it is unclear to me what will happen downstream after I hit the "Send fulfillment request" button. Will it end up talking to Printful again and creating another order?  Because that's NOT what I want. I don't see another option.

Ginger_Wong_0-1689870153891.png

Ginger_Wong_1-1689870213580.png

Thank you for any insight!

Replies 4 (4)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2284 208 609

You should be able to fulfill from a different location, try this:

1) Click the 3 dots on the fulfillment order in the order details page to open up the actions menu

2) Change the location to your default location.

3) Mark the item fulfilled

If you don't have the option to change location, go to that product's page and assign your default location to that product (Inventory section of the product page). Then go back and refresh the order details page and repeat the steps above.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Figure Out Why You're Not Getting Sales
Ginger_Wong
Tourist
4 0 2

@JoesIdeas Thank you for getting back to me.

I did not have the option to change Location, so I went to the product page to the Inventory section. 
I'm not really sure what my "default location" is, as I don't see it as an option. 

"Multiple Locations" was selected, so I selected the _other_ one, saved the product, went back to Orders, and I still don't see the Location option.

Ginger_Wong_0-1689901143437.png

I also clicked Edit Locations, and added my "G.Wong" location and saved it. Which also did not work. I was a bit nervous about unchecking the Printful option because it says it would delete it which sounded worrisome incase I wasn't sure how to get it back.

Ginger_Wong_1-1689901169464.png

Ginger_Wong_2-1689901484832.png

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2284 208 609

Did you refresh the order details page?

If no, do that, it should work (the steps I gave works, I've tested on multiple stores).

If you did refresh and still don't see the option, then it means that the Printful fulfillment service is not allowing the location to be changed.

It could be that they are still on the legacy fulfillment flow of not allowing multiple locations. If that's the case, I would contact them to ask how you can change the location.

Shopify is requiring all locations to be multi-location enabled this year, so eventually they'll change that.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Figure Out Why You're Not Getting Sales

TJ_Biddle
Explorer
39 1 17

@Shopify This a really stupid process now. It's not uncommon for our 3pl integrations to have a hiccup now and then. When they do, we used to able to manually enter it in their system on their end, and then come through and click "manual fulfillment", enter the tracking info, and call it a day.

Now - I need to go edit my product, add the ability to fulfill it from our own location, refresh the order, fulfill it from our location, and then go back and edit the product AGAIN to remove the location - because otherwise it's going to say there's -1 inventory and it'll screw up the total inventory amounts.

Seriously - you're not running a lot of things through your QA team these days it seems. More stuff is being broken than fixed.