How can I reactivate my inactive business account?

martysthreads
Tourist
5 0 1

I had to cancel/reorder a new business card due to some invalid transactions on my account. Since then my shopify account went inactive, how do I resolve this?

Replies 7 (7)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2448 226 522

Hi @martysthreads,

Thank you for your message. If your account was closed because the credit card on file was not valid and Shopify could not collect payment for your latest invoice, then you should be able to log back into your store and pay the outstanding invoice with your new card. Once the invoice has been paid your account will become active again and your storefront will be back online.

Please let me know if you experience any issues logging into your account or adding your new card to your Shopify account.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

martysthreads
Tourist
5 0 1
Good Afternoon, when I go to login it says account inactive, where would I make the payment to reactivate the account?

martysthreads
Tourist
5 0 1

I do need assistance logging in to make the payment for the balance. Since the account is "frozen" I cannot log in to where I would make the payment. Please help.

Victor
Shopify Staff
2448 226 522

Hi @martysthreads,

Could you tell me what message you're greeted with when you attempt to log in? If you have an outstanding invoice on your account, you should be presented with an option to pay your overdue fees in order to regain access:

image.png

Are you seeing this screen? If not, please let me know what you see when you try and log in.

martysthreads
Tourist
5 0 1

I did not see the screenshot you shared, I only get to this point:

martysthreads_0-1687480765991.png

then...

martysthreads_1-1687480815788.png

martysthreads
Tourist
5 0 1

I just received a notification that my ticket was elevated. The payment did go through from my bank account, so not the reason my account is frozen...My issue must go through Trust and Safety? Any clue what that means?

Victor
Shopify Staff
2448 226 522

Hi @martysthreads,

Okay, thank you. It would seem that this has been escalated to our Trust & Safety department for them to review. Once they have done so, they will be back in touch with you over email to let you know what the next steps are.