How can I set up combined shipping rates for the same product at checkout?

sotiris7
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Hello,

I have a question: Can I have combined shipping rates at checkout for the same product? Assume a client wants to buy product A; if they purchase one item, they pay 10 dollars, but if they buy 10 more, it still remains 10 dollars. How can I solve this problem? When it is different products, I don't have this issue, as I have created different shipping profiles. However, when it is the same product, it is not adding the shipping rate.

Thank you

Replies 4 (4)

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
440 44 74

Hello @sotiris7 ,

Set up weight-based rates by assigning a weight to each product.

As more products are added to the cart, the price will adjust accordingly. This eliminates the need to create distinct shipping profiles for each product unless different weight-based rates apply to specific products.

This approach remains consistent whether more of the same product or different products are added to the cart. The shipping price is determined based on the total order weight.

Alternatively, you have the option to configure priced-based rates.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
sotiris7
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Yes unfortunately all of my products have different weights and different shipping rates.

Mirdas
Shopify Partner
440 44 74

Hi @sotiris7 ,

In that case, you will need multiple shipping profiles and weight-based rates.

Co-Founder / CEO @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
393 25 67

Hi @sotiris7 , 

What you want is called incremental rates or per item rates. There is no fool-proof way to do this in Shopify natively yet. You will have to use a third party app.

If you are interested in third party apps, our app ShipMagic  can handle this scenario pretty well. 

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix