Solved

Who handles returns in Shopify: seller or supplier?

Donnevan
Tourist
7 0 1

I have read all I could find but can’t seem to find an answer. I’m selling t-shirts, if there is a return does it come to me or does it go to the supplier? Is it their problem or mine?

thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Donnevan,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

When you run a store and sell products, you may occasionally have refund or return requests. As the manager of that store, it will be your responsibility to fulfill those requests.

We do have a full guide on how to create returns and refunds, but what's perhaps most important to have in place first is a store refund policy.

Outlining what your policies are in black-and-white is one way to show your customers that you are a trustworthy, transparent brand. There are several other ways of doing so and they're listed in our post on developing buyer trust.

You mentioned you're selling t-shirts and that you have a supplier, so I'm assuming you are using Print on Demand as your business model. We have some wonderful resources in our Shopify Academy - tutorials and courses and guides - that I recommend you have a look at. They're absolutely free and they're delivered by experts, so you could glean a lot of useful information and advice from watching them!

I hope this information helps! All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Donnevan,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

When you run a store and sell products, you may occasionally have refund or return requests. As the manager of that store, it will be your responsibility to fulfill those requests.

We do have a full guide on how to create returns and refunds, but what's perhaps most important to have in place first is a store refund policy.

Outlining what your policies are in black-and-white is one way to show your customers that you are a trustworthy, transparent brand. There are several other ways of doing so and they're listed in our post on developing buyer trust.

You mentioned you're selling t-shirts and that you have a supplier, so I'm assuming you are using Print on Demand as your business model. We have some wonderful resources in our Shopify Academy - tutorials and courses and guides - that I recommend you have a look at. They're absolutely free and they're delivered by experts, so you could glean a lot of useful information and advice from watching them!

I hope this information helps! All the best, Hyde.

Donnevan
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you for the effort that went into your answer. It’s just what I needed.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

You're most welcome! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let me know! -Hyde