How to resolve online payment provider issues in Pakistan?

soleactivist97
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, I am planning on running an online store from Pakistan across the globe, however when it comes to payments, there are but only a few payment providers, and most of them either reject (like 2Checkout), are available but when you make an application it says they're not available in Pakistan, (like Airwallex), or ask you for company number, tax number, business documentations etc when you're clearly just starting? (Skrill, HitPay, etc)

And I've also tried trying to reach Shopify thrice through chat options but no one ever gets back to me, so if someone is looking at this right now, your guidance will be appreciated as my time is being wasted every day waiting for a proper payment provider, this is time-consuming and fruitless. I will be waiting for a response, thanks. 

Replies 4 (4)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2330 454 397

Hey @soleactivist97.

Thanks for reaching out. 

I appreciate the context that you have shared with us as that is very helpful! Did you happen to check out the list of third-party gateways that are available to your location? We do have an amazing article that covers the availability of third-party gateways for each location here. With that being said, each of these third-party gateways may have policies that the online store will need to comply with in order to have the gateway successfully enabled on your online store. 

Additionally, you could use a manual payment method to allow your customers to make purchases from your online store. For example, some manual payment methods include cash on delivery (COD), money orders, and bank transfers. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Killerdrip
Visitor
1 0 0

This is a genuine issue not just you but all Pakistanis are facing for quite some time now it’s been years abut unfortunately shopify support or official community members have the same response everytime and don’t really care. They would either share link to a list of available third party payment methods and assure you that your concern is taken into notice and will try to do something about making payments actually work in Pakistan. Then just silence again while you’re left on your own with a paid membership additional expenses and not able to actually start off your store ever. All the payment providers in the list they provide would ask for something during the process of signing up like business registration number and stuff for an online store and shopify doesn’t even provide us with such docs they demand and boom just like this not a single provider would actually let you complete the process and start accepting payments. After trying everything I realise no third party payment provider actually works for us just imagine I have a personal fully verified account on Skrill Neteller and Payoneer but none of them let you accept payments unless you create a merchant or business account but then again their demands for certain docs that we don’t even have in the first place we can only provide our personal KYC docs and verify our identity but how to provide business registration no and similar stuff so in the end I realised only method you have is to add manual payment methods for example certain crypto and list your personal recieving wallet address or let them pay via ewallets like Skrill etc again by listing your personal account and asking to send payment there which itself makes the store look sus and clients run away also no way to accept any cards no matter what you do that’s punishment of being born in Pakistan 

soleactivist97
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Ollie thanks for the response, so I have tried more than half the gateways available, however none of them is available even if it says on the website that it is available. Here i will also express my sadness because being born in a third world country was never a choice for us, we get limited opportunities, shopify should be able to make something as there are so many customers who are not able to do anything about this.

Also, how does the manual payment work? I cannot work by COD globally, and bank transfers? Isn't it more difficult considering I have a Pakistani Bank Account? There is no way banks can transfer accounts directly, or we have to go and send in skrill links to each and every custmer who is willing to buy something, this is going to be so hectic please I need a solution.

If you could come up with one genuine provider, that'll be great, they ask for stuff that shopify doesn't even provide, I have asked shopify hndred times for the Merchant ID, i get no response. 

Thanks, please get back to me. 

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2330 454 397

Hey @soleactivist97.

Thanks for the quick response and sharing your feedback.

I am going to provide this thread to our developers as a suggestion to include more third-party gateways available in your location. With that being said, I wouldn't be able to specifically recommend a third-party gateway as each payment gateway will have their own policies that the online store will need to adhere to. I would suggest trying to use the other gateways that are mentioned on this page that you have not attempted. 

Depending on what you bank account can allow - it may be possible to set up a manual payment method. This can include a bank deposit, money order or cash on delivery. In order to receive a merchant ID, you will need to authenticate you as the store owner to advise further. With that being said, you can get into direct contact with a Support Advisor by logging into your online store using the Contact Us page

After you login, you will be directed to the Help Center. You can select the topic that you would like assistance with to locate the option to Get Support and speak directly with an Advisor about the situation.

Let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog