Solved

Incorrect bank account information

BrianChing
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi
I have updated my bank account information in my info but just received error it was incorrect information. To change my bank account, the old account must match the information we have on file. 
I can't match the old information as I don't know what error I made. I need help fixing this soon as possible!

Thank you,

Accepted Solution (1)
Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @BF3!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for reaching out here for more info on what you can do in this situation.

If you can reach out via our help centre we'll be able to provide account support there for you securely.

Just mention that you need to get this info updated for Shopify Payments but cannot due to the incorrect initial info being entered there.

If you confirm that you would not be able to check for the correct info in the form of a void cheque or account statement due to this info not being correct to begin with, that will help us to proceed.

We should be able to escalate this for you internally to our Accounts team, who will be able to further verify your identity and work with you to securely update this info.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Mjlopez
Tourist
4 0 1

Same Issue.  VERY frustrating.  Please advise.

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @Mjlopez!

Don here from Shopify.

If you've been unable to locate the correct bank info to update your Shopify Payments account, we can try to help out with that from here.

If you haven't already, you can try to locate this info in the following ways:

Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
Online Banking: You could log in to your online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
Contacting their bank: You could also contact their bank directly to request the banking details
Paper statement from the bank: You could also look to their paper statement from their bank to find these details (if available)

Let me know here if you are able to locate and update this info for yourself, or if you'll need a hand to get this verified and updated internally here.

Regards,

Don

BrianChing
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Don

my issue is not about where to find bank account details. In order to correct the information, the system asks me to type old account info which i probably have made some typo or incorrect info. The problem is that i dont know the existing account info in the system.

can you please email me playfulsocks@gmail.com or provide your contact details?

Many thanks in advance.

Brian

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @BrianChing!

Thanks for confirming that for me!

As it is not possible to retrieve this info we can proceed to the next step to resolve this for you and escalate this internally.

I'll be sending out an email to the address we have on file for you here shortly, if you can reply there to verify your identity we'll be able to proceed to address this securely.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

BF3
Visitor
1 0 0

@Don 

I have this same issue. I have not been paid in months because I don't know the incorrect banking information that is on file. I was about to close out my account with this company but I'm going to give it one more try.

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @BF3!

Thanks for reaching out here for more info on what you can do in this situation.

If you can reach out via our help centre we'll be able to provide account support there for you securely.

Just mention that you need to get this info updated for Shopify Payments but cannot due to the incorrect initial info being entered there.

If you confirm that you would not be able to check for the correct info in the form of a void cheque or account statement due to this info not being correct to begin with, that will help us to proceed.

We should be able to escalate this for you internally to our Accounts team, who will be able to further verify your identity and work with you to securely update this info.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

ConkelCo
Visitor
1 0 0

Having this problem as well. Need help ASAP! 

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @ConkelCo!

If you find yourself in a similar situation to that outlined here you can get support via our help centre with this if you can't locate or don't have the original info entered for your bank account.

Should you need help with this or any time-sensitive matters, reaching out via our help centre would be necessary so you can securely get account support.

We're not able to access or discuss your account publicly from here, and we cannot always guarantee we'll be able to respond to threads in a timely manner so, as outlined above, for this matter you'd need to get in touch directly.

All the best!

Regards,

Don