Solved

Local delivery option not showing up

Lollipotts
Tourist
5 1 4

I've just been trying to set up local delivery for my store.

I've enabled local delivery, created a delivery zone, tried out with both postcodes and radius, tracked and added inventory (everything is custom-made, so I'd rather not need to do this) but it still isn't working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Should also note that I'd been searching around for suggestions, and couldn't help notice that there are a lot of unresolved threads on this issue.

Accepted Solution (1)
Lollipotts
Tourist
5 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

To others who might be having this issue: it just turns out I'm an idiot.

I wasn't adding £20+ of products (minimum required amount that I set myself) to my test order so the option for local delivery wasn't turning up.

View solution in original post

Replies 20 (20)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hi, @Lollipotts!

I'm Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting!

It can be super frustrating when something isn't working as intended. I'll do my best to help out and work out why your local delivery option isn't displaying at your checkout. Firstly, head over to Settings > Shipping and Delivery to make sure everything is set up correctly. For assistance, check out our help guide on setting up local pickup and delivery.

To use the local delivery option, ensure that your store has met the following requirements:

If the above suggestions don't fix the issue, we may need to take a closer look. Please let me know by replying to this thread with your store URL, as well as any screenshots of the issue, this will be super helpful as well.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It has a lot of great content on different aspects of running a store. Check out this article on Your 3 Step Guide to Building a Marketing Plan That Works. This will walk you through:

• The high of starting;
  • Creating a system for success;
  • Entering tactical marketing hell;
  • Plus the 3 steps of building a plan.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lollipotts
Tourist
5 1 4

Am I right in thinking that I require Shopify Plus to make use of the local delivery option? $2000/m is a bit out of my price range so I guess that's the end of that.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @Lollipotts! Thanks for getting back to us.

You do not need to be on the Shopify Plus plan to have the local delivery feature enabled. The custom checkout would just need to be disabled if you happened to be on that plan!

Were you able to check that your store has met the requirements? A common step people tend to miss is enabling multiple locations. Even if you have only one location, you still need to enable to access the newest Shopify features, such as local delivery. Your current location's settings won't be affected. I also suggest taking a look at the "before setting up local delivery" section of this guide which goes over what you need to complete before offering local delivery.

If locations is enabled in your store, then there's a notification prompting you to Learn more about locations. If locations isn't enabled in your store, then there's an option to Enable inventory at locations. Read the following sections to learn how enabling locations might affect your store. When you are ready, you can enable multiple locations.

If you find that following the instructions above makes no difference, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Lollipotts
Tourist
5 1 4

Hi again Moira

I think the problem might be that I've not, as you suggested, enabled multiple locations. When I follow the link, I get the instruction to click Enable inventory at locations in Settings > Locations, but I don't see this option anywhere. This is what I see:

Screenshot (15)_LI.jpg

I've been following the guides you've recommended, but this is the only step I've been unable to do. I'm starting to feel a bit stupid if I'm honest!

Lollipotts
Tourist
5 1 4

I've been waiting on an answer for a few days now but this doesn't seem to have been addressed. You've referred me to what I assume is an out of date guide so I don't know how to progress.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hi @Lollipotts 

Apologies for the delay in response! 

If locations is enabled in your store, then there's a notification prompting you to Learn more about locations (which I can see in your screenshot). If locations isn't enabled in your store, then there's an option to Enable inventory at locations. 

If you find that following the guides from the previous post makes no difference, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Local delivery option isn't displaying at checkout. Store has met the requirements for local delivery. Multiple location inventory is enabled.

Let us know how you get on,

Lollipotts
Tourist
5 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

To others who might be having this issue: it just turns out I'm an idiot.

I wasn't adding £20+ of products (minimum required amount that I set myself) to my test order so the option for local delivery wasn't turning up.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @Lollipotts!

It's great to hear you were able to resolve this issue and provide a solution for other's who may come across this thread. Thanks again for posting in the community! Don't hesitate to reach back out if you require any further assistance as you continue to work on your store. 

All the best, 

ElGreeting
Tourist
4 0 1

Okay, so two things.

1. I have been searching for at least 30 minutes for the same resolution, so thank you lollipotts for asking in this community.  Shopify,please update this resolution on your comm. help forum pages.

2. I laughed when you said you were an idiot because as I read on to find out what you did wrong, I realized that I did the same thing too, which makes me an idiot too but only for the 30 minutes though.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hi @ElGreeting! The solution above has been set for this topic so others like yourself who come across this thread can see the resolution immediately at the top of the forum page. 

SistaShades
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello may you help me local delivery is not showing up and it is enabled for us

ElGreeting
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey there, it could be a number of factors...

For me, it was because when I tested it, I didn't place the number quantity of amount to purchase in the checkout cart.

For your local delivery if you have a minimum purchase amount set, when you test it, ensure that you have that amount in your cart in order to see the local delivery option upon checkout. To add the local delivery to your checkout, you will need to visit settings in your shopify and then click shipping and delivery if you first have not done this already. I hope this helps.

SistaShades
Tourist
6 0 1
Hey I tried that . Only pick up and shipping still shows at check out
FrozenFruit
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Moira we are having the same issues right now! It doesnt show up delivery option. 

SistaShades
Tourist
6 0 1
I really wish Local Delivery showed up directly at check out , our customers be confused because it does not show up til they enter their address . . . Which is dumb
Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to take a closer look at what’s going on. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via our social media channels, you can visit: (https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V) and log in to get connected with an agent via live chat. Our team will be able to directly help you from there!

SistaShades
Tourist
6 0 1

We are literally having this same issue

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @SistaShades,

Are you still having trouble enabling local delivery?

ElGreeting
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello Moira! I originally figured this put but now I need help again

Despite me putting in the zones and coding and other conditions, it no longer shows the option for local delivery.  Please help!!!!!

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@ElGreeting,

Do you have any product conditions enabled? For example, a minimum spend required.

If the local delivery was once showing, do you recall what changes you made recently?