Manual Payment Method - Add HTML Code to payment instructions

Greg_du_Preez1
Tourist
9 0 6

Hi There!

One of my Payment methods requires a customer to scan a QR code and pay with their phone, I've created a manual pament method but would like to embed the JPG into the payment instsructions page.

It doesn't allow me to do that as it's text only and thus displays the code as text.

Is there anyway for me to make that box read the HTML?

Or can I perhaps edit the "Aditional Scripts" code in the "Order Processing" settings to display the QR code if they have selected that payment method?

I understand that I can't edit the checkout.liquid page as I'm not a Shopify Plus memeber, but there needs to be some sort of work around for this? The current solution the QR code company has implimented is to send the QR code along with the confirmation email, but I don't want the QR code to go out once customers have already paid via PayPal etc. Only when using this one payment method.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Seán_W
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
94 0 11

Hi Greg!

Seán here from Shopify.

Currently it seems like there's no way to add HTML to the payment methods so that you can offer the QR code scan. Adding code to the "Additional Scripts" field in the checkout settings will apply this code to the order status page, which appears after an order's been paid for. 

If you'd like, I can pass on a feature request to our developers to see if they can look into allowing HTML and scripts into the custom payment method fields? I can't guarantee when or if they can implement it, as the priority of these requests depends on the number of requests but they'll definitely have a look :)

All the best,

Seán
Shopify Support Guru

Chris127
Shopify Partner
16 0 0

Hi,

Any progress on embedding a QR code?

I am using the same payment method with my store and would also like to embed QR code.

Chris

0 Likes
Mariaan_Roets1
Tourist
4 0 1

Any update on this issue?

0 Likes
Rob_Weidner
Shopify Partner
19 0 6

Greg, I as well would greatly appreciate being able to have the same functionality in the additional scripts dialog as the payment instructions dialog per each manual payment gateways.  Adding QR codes would be greatly beneficial to me as well.

0 Likes
Greg_du_Preez1
Tourist
9 0 6

Hi Sean,

This would be a great feature to add, as you can see there are a few other for whom this feature would be greatly bennificial. Please could you pass this along to your developers. That would be a great help.

Thanks for getting back to us, and thanks to evryone else for also requesting this.

I hope we get some good news in the near future!

Greg du Preez

GoodiesHub.com

Issah_Bin_Moham
Tourist
4 0 2

I also think this feature is much needed. Please pass it on.

0 Likes
HymnZ
Shopify Partner
392 6 65

One way this can be done is by letting the customer pay after the order has been placed and the scan will happen on the "Thank You" page.

My speciality lies in making Shopify work for your requirements, not the other way round. HMU on email: hymnz@outlook.com or on skype: hymnzzy

If you like my work, consider supporting me :) https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hymnz
0 Likes
Erika_Villafañe
2 0 0

Hello Guys, was wondering if there is any update on this? I`ve also had the same issue, I need to embed such code into my manual payment instructions.  third party payment providers are really expensive and allowing my customers to scan the code when checking out will help me to drive more sales!

0 Likes
Erika_Villafañe
2 0 0

Has anyone tried HymnZ suggestion? if so, how´s that working for you? any comments are highly appreciated

0 Likes