Need for Canada Post Manifest app

Ironworks
Visitor
3 0 13

I ship only within Canada. Because we are a small distillery, regulations require us to only use Canada Post. I therefore have no need for other shipping carrier options for our customers. We also have an Enterprise level corporate account with Canada Post which, prior to our move to Shopify, when we were using Woo Commerce, allowed us to create manifests for our shipments. This document is critical to the smooth movement of our goods through the Canada Post system.

When I was seeking the same capability on Shopify I was pleased to see that there was an app, that one could install for free, that would create simple manifests for a single carrier. I was then astounded to see that this app only worked with USPS!

What?

I have resorted to using a Multi-Carrier App which by giving me access to many delivery options is far more than I truly need and also costs me an additional $29 USD monthly. I am less than thrilled by this.

Shopify is a CANADIAN company. On the momentum of online COVID shopping, it has grown to be worth more than the Royal Bank of Canada. I strongly suggest that allowing those of us who have moved to this platform to create a manifest within the Canada Post system is not too much to ask. MAKE THIS A PRIORITY PROJECT FOR YOUR EAGER DEVELOPMENT TEAM PLEASE!!

Replies 13 (13)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @Ironworks.

Sophia here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. I want to assure you that this feature request has been submitted to our developers for consideration in future updates.

While I can't guarantee when and if Canada Post manifests will be available directly through the admin, I'm happy to discuss the other options with you in the meantime, especially if there's an app that's more cost effective for your business. I was taking a look at the Canada Post website where they've listed several apps to help you integrate your Canada Post features with Shopify.

Shippo is included in that list, and I know it's a popular option for many merchants here. Shippo has more details about how to create manifests with their app here: Manifests and SCAN Forms. I also came across Multi Carrier Shipping Label in the Shopify App Store. Are either of these the app that you're currently using?

I understand that using a paid app isn't an ideal solution for you. While these apps are a workaround for now, our developers are reviewing your feedback and you can keep an eye out for future updates on the changelog.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ironworks
Visitor
3 0 13
Hello Sophia

I am test driving Multi Carrier Shipping since they are they only ones I could find who actually mentioned manifest capability. They are not cheap, but at least they will do what I need done.

I will investigate the others you mentioned in this email.

I heartily encourage your developer team to look at this issue ASAP and create a simple dedicated CPC app that matches the USPS version. We need it.

Lynne
PluginHive
Shopify Partner
797 31 100

Hi,

Hopefully you've already solved this with our app and your store is all set! 

Although a paid app isn't an ideal solution for you, there isn't a workaround since no other free solutions are available to generate Manifests for Canada Post. Even though our app is not free, I hope it helps you handle your requirement with ease. If you have any queries or require help with setup, you can directly ring us at 1-831-267-6349 or contact our support.

Also, as Sophie has mentioned, the Shopify developers are reviewing the feedback and you can keep an eye out for future updates on the Shopify change log.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Undercarriage
Visitor
1 0 0

Any update since April 2021? Any plan to release an app soon? Canada Post driver was quite angry us out again yesterday for not having a manifest. I told him to complain to Shopify! Please sort this out.

Thank you

Julie

Team Undercarriage

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@Undercarriage wrote:

Any update since April 2021? Any plan to release an app soon? Canada Post driver was quite angry us out again yesterday for not having a manifest. I told him to complain to Shopify! Please sort this out.

Thank you

Julie

Team Undercarriage

Hey, Julie!

Updates will be posted on the Shopify Changelog. I don't have any new information to share at this time, but I appreciate you checking in on this and I'll let the team know that you'd like to see Canada Post manifests available through the Shipping Manifests app.

In the meantime, you can still create Canada Post manifests by using a third-party app like the ones mentioned previously in this thread:

jackiesaik
Visitor
2 0 1

Has this been explored any further? I'm having Canada Post employees threaten that during the holidays this year they will not pick up if I don't have a Manifest. Why are the most obvious things not default functions within shopify?  It should be as simple as a button "Create Manifest from parcels fulfilled with shipping labels today"  

I've recently moved office locations and my new pick up area has complained 3 days in a row that I have not provided a manifest each day from the 70+ parcels they picked up 3 days in a row.

This needs to be escalated. 

Anindita
Shopify Partner
675 34 94

Hi @jackiesaik,

You can check out the list of apps @Sophia mentioned. As mentioned by her Multi Carrier Shipping Label App allows you to print both shipping labels & manifests with a click. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
jackiesaik
Visitor
2 0 1

This app is not a solution. 
I don't want to have to purchase and print my labels through another laggy app that costs $29 USD a MONTH. I ship too much and too often to have the time for that. And I already pay extreme amounts of money to Shopify.

I just want to print a manifest, this app does not allow you to do that unless you pay and use it for shipping. Maybe a few less snacks in the Shopify snack rooms and ya'll can spring for your users that pay your bills to have a manifest Button built into Shopify directly. 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@jackiesaik wrote:

This app is not a solution. 
I don't want to have to purchase and print my labels through another laggy app that costs $29 USD a MONTH. I ship too much and too often to have the time for that. And I already pay extreme amounts of money to Shopify.

I just want to print a manifest, this app does not allow you to do that unless you pay and use it for shipping. Maybe a few less snacks in the Shopify snack rooms and ya'll can spring for your users that pay your bills to have a manifest Button built into Shopify directly. 

Hi, @jackiesaik.

Thank you for sharing your experience here. I understand that the ideal is to create Canada Post manifests through the Shipping Manifests app rather than installing a third-party solution. While I don't have an update for you right now, I will share your thoughts with our developers for consideration in future changes.

Have you looked at any of the free to install apps like Shippo? Apps that note additional charges may apply are likely referring to label purchases. I don't know whether charges also apply for creating manifests, but it's worth a look for now.

Eve-Marie
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi! New Shopify shop owner here and I was wondering if there is any update on the manifest genarating function for Canada post? I was shocked to see something so obvious not easily available... 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@Eve-Marie wrote:

Hi! New Shopify shop owner here and I was wondering if there is any update on the manifest genarating function for Canada post? I was shocked to see something so obvious not easily available... 

Thanks for checking in on this, @Eve-Marie! I don't have news to share, but please keep an eye on the Shopify Changelog for updates.

For the time being, I recommend checking out some of the apps mentioned above in this thread to help you create manifests. I'll let our developers know that you'd like to see this feature included for Shopify Shipping.

Elies_Bows
Visitor
2 0 3

I can't believe it's been over two years of this request. For a Canadian company, Shopify REALLY doesn't support Canadian businesses too well, from frustrating billing Canadian companies in foreign currencies, to no manifest shipping capabilities when it IS OFFERED for US stores natively.... Its just frustrating. Still no news I'm guessing?

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @Elies_Bows.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback here.

Local currency billing is available to merchants in Canada who are using a credit card to pay Shopify bills. If your store is eligible, you can follow these steps to change your billing currency

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Billing.

2. In the Payment methods section, under Billing currency, click the ... button, and then click Change billing currency.

3. In the Change billing currency dialog, select your new billing currency from the drop-down menu.

4. Click Save.

Regarding manifests for Canada Post, I understand that it is frustrating to not have this feature built into Shopify Shipping. I'm happy to submit a feature request to our developers on your behalf for consideration in future updates.

In the meantime, you may wish to consider one of the third-party apps that can help you generate manifests, like Shippo or Ordoro. Alternatively, if you have your own contract account with Canada Post, you can follow this guide to connect it and print manifests: Canada Post shipping manifests.