FROM CACHE - en_header

Only authorize PayPal payments instead of automatic capturing

Solved
ocastx
Shopify Partner
6 1 3

Hi,

I have a business model where the payment should only be captured when the order was fulfilled by the shipping centre. I see that, with card payments, there is an option to manually capture payments thus I can capture the payments manually after it was fulfilled. 

Now I want to integrate Paypal as well and have payments only be authorized and not automatically captured. As I understand, Paypal payments are always automatically captured in Shopify when the order was placed. Is there a possibility to mitigate this behaviour? 

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
ocastx
Shopify Partner
6 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Okay I found an option to do this: This behaviour has to be set in PayPal directly, so that funds do not directly get processed but only authorized. When I now place an order, the funds are authorized by the user through PayPal and when the order gets marked as fulfilled, the payments gets processed.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
ocastx
Shopify Partner
6 1 3

This is an accepted solution.

Okay I found an option to do this: This behaviour has to be set in PayPal directly, so that funds do not directly get processed but only authorized. When I now place an order, the funds are authorized by the user through PayPal and when the order gets marked as fulfilled, the payments gets processed.

nossinossi
1 0 0

How did you set in in PayPal directly? I can't find the option. Thanks!