Please help! I do not know how to fix this! I use print on demand companies to fulfill my orders. I use 2, and their websites both use shopify for their website.
- I pay for my orders with my paypal mastercard that's link to my paypal balance. Since starting using it, it works fine for days, then every few days, I get errors messages and payment won't go through. Then it works again randomly. Usually, it works again after clearing cache + deleting and re entering payment method in google payments.
- The error messages are always different, if i try placing the same order multiple times in a row to place an order, I usually get the error messages seen in the screenshot. I use google chrome, but when the error happens, it also happens whenever using a different browser (safari).
- I contacted shopify, they can't help unless I'm the store owner of the website.
- I called paypal, they said there is nothing wrong with my card. They made me place an order live on the phone with them. Said they could see a charge of zero with google payment? But it would not go through.
- So they said I should contact google. But I did, and they explained they have nothing to do with payment processing. And they made me try another browser (safari), to see if it would work. It still did not. Which led them to conclude the problem was not happening with them.
- The last weird thing is that: when I have this error, and let's say I try my regular bank card (not paypal), it still won't go through. I have not found a way to fix it. Even clearing cookies/cache does not always seem to work
- Using the paypal mastercard on another site not using shopify WORKS.
- Found other threads on shopify mentioning their customers having similar errors. This leads me to believe something is going on with shopify somehow.
How can we prevent this?
Have you resolved this? I got same issue.
Exact same problem! I've tried different browsers, different devices, different cards... nothing is working! And the error message is different each time too. So frustrating! Would love to hear more about this if anyone knows or finds out anything.
The same thing is happening to me now! Hours on top of hours with shopify support and still no resolution. My bank advises the payment attempt isn't even reaching them. I've tried multiple credit cards, multiple browsers, and multiple computers.
I run a boutique with drop shipping. For 5 days now I have not been able to process a customer order. I cannot shop on any shopify site at this time.
Support keeps telling me they are 'escalating' my issue but 5 days with no resolution.
I am only able to checkout with sites that accept sezzle - which directs you to the sezzle site to complete the transaction. I am convinced there is a glitch/fraud flag with Shopify Payments that is preventing the payment attempt from going to my bank.
Have you created a collection on your online store and experienced an issue with adding yo...By Ollie Aug 24, 2022
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022