Payment Gateway and merchant account for Smoking accessories, Hemp Wraps

FrankC91
Tourist
11 0 3

Hello Everyone,

I need a merchant account and a payment gateway for smoking accessories and hemp wraps. Shopify payments just sent me an email saying they don't support us.

Can someone help me and point me in the right direction? 

I operate out of Canada and my website is www.midasden.com

Thanks,

Frank

Replies 2 (2)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

Hey, Frank!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I'm glad to hear that you're looking into alternative third-party payment gateways for your smoke shop. When you received the email regarding your Shopify Payments account, our team would have suggested an alternative gateway. Did you happen to see any suggestions listed there? 

Typically, our team will recommend using a third-party payment gateway called EMB. You can learn more about this gateway and create an account here. Aside from EMB, Authorize.net is another popular option that will support the sale of smoking accessories. 

Lastly, I recommend checking out our list of available payment gateways in Canada. It might be worth reaching out to a few directly to see if they'll work out for you.

I hope this points you in the right direction!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TowerPayments
Visitor
2 0 0

We have solutions for Canadian based and owned businesses selling accessories and hemp wraps. Our video is helpful. Contact us with any questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDEuMglooD8