Payment issue: "Your payment could not be processed due to technical issues. Please try again ..."

OLEA
Tourist
4 0 4

Hello Shopis

We are having a technical issue with customers not being able to process payment when they start the acces checkout from an emailed cart. We use Nets payments (Danish provider) and whenever we email the cart to the customer, customers get get the same error in the payment step in checkout – big red box stating (translated from danish) "Your payment could not be processed due to technical issues. Please try again or use another payment method" 

Can anyone help us out here? All the best

Replies 3 (3)

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Hi @OLEA, I hope you're doing well today.

It sounds like your customers are only encountering this error when they attempt to pay via Nets Payments, is that correct? And do you have any other payment providers enabled for your store? 

My first recommendation is definitely to contact Nets Payments' team directly to confirm that there are no issues with your account integration that may be interfering with your checkout. 

Next, if you have any other payment providers active on your store, I'd be very interested to know if the issue is isolated to Nets Payments or not - are you able to email yourself an abandoned checkout just as you would a customer, and complete your payment via another payment gateway? Definitely feel free to refund that payment afterwards!

Lastly, may I ask where your business is located? Thanks! 

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

OLEA
Tourist
4 0 4

Hi June, big thanks for your reply – hope you're doing well also.

We tried activating Shopify Payments today, and then accessed the payment link with both Nets Payments and Shopify Payments running. We still get the red error message above the Payment details window, but now we're actually able to proceed and process the payment using Shopify Payments – so it looks like it is an issue with the Nets integration. I will contact them Monday morning.

Our business is located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

All the best, Mikkel

June
Shopify Staff
315 86 67

Great work! Thankfully it does sound like the issue is isolated to Nets Payment, which means your customers should still have the opportunity to place orders. 

Since Shopify Payments is an available payment gateway in Denmark, I do recommend using it if you can - the benefits of doing so being the costs you'll save in transaction fees, as well as our own 24/7 support.  Definitely let me know if you have any questions about setting this up!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog