What should you do when a Shopify order's payment is pending?

AmadJay
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I have finally received my first order but unfortunately my Paypal Account wasn't linked at the time. I have linked my account now and my home page said payment to capture. When I go to order it says payment is pending even though Paypal has now been linked for over an hour. I have checked the type of payment by customer and it is not an eCheck, it is Instant. On the order there is a collect payment button that has options of send invoice, pay by credit card and mark as paid.

I am wondering what I have to do now in order for this payment to go through so that I can fulfil my order.

Regards

Replies 2 (2)

AmadJay
Visitor
2 0 0

I would also want to know whether we fulfil the order right away or not as the Shopify order page says that we can wait for the payment to process before fulfilling the order. We don't want to give our customer any bad impression by delaying in case it is something that takes too much time. If so, do we email them that we have to wait till the paypal payment is processed?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

Hi, @AmadJay

Great question! Since you updated the Paypal account, it is likely that the order was processed through a different email. What you'll want to do is open the order in your admin, scroll down to the order timeline, then click the payment line. 

Here you'll find the payment information for the transaction. You can supply this information to Paypal Support to help them track down the funds, and ensure they are deposited into your account. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog