PayPal Express Checkout Without Shipping/Billing Details

Nestirium
3 0 0

Greetings Shopify community,

I have a small question, if a client purchases a product from the PayPal express checkout from the product page directly, without going to the "other payment options" and entering the shipping/billing details.
I assume that shopify will use the billing details on his paypal account, but what about the shipping details ?

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 40 39

Hey, @Nestirium!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community! It's great to hear you have integrated PayPal into your store, catering to a variety of payment methods is a major driver for customer satisfaction and loyalty.

You have asked a great question! It does seem like the checkout might skip the entire shipping aspect of the process, but this is included when the customer goes to their PayPal profile. You can see an example of how it might look from the screenshot I took from a live store below:

21-07-vdd26-0vudj

The idea of this PayPal checkout is that it's "Express" and has fewer steps for the customer which is what happens here. Because the customer's address is already in their PayPal account it takes this into consideration to make the checkout process shorter. With that being said, if you would like to look into removing the PayPal Express Checkout buy button, it is possible. There is a helpful guide which you might find useful for this which you can see here.

Tip: A normal process in owning a business is your partners (including the services you incorporate into your business) managing their risk, however, new entrepreneurs have difficulty navigating their way around these situations. If you find yourself with PayPal holding your funds you have some steps they recommend to follow here. The better you manage your business, the less likely it is you'll encounter difficult situations with your payment gateways. Don't forget that you can eliminate your transaction fees with us by adding Shopify Payments as a gateway (if supported in your country) option for your customers as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below.

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes