Problem when creating a shipping profile

Karine_Paquet
Tourist
25 0 1

HI !

I tried to create a shipping profile for one specific country and when I wanted to save, this is the error message that I got :

Variants to dissociate unexpected key variants_to_dissociate

What does that meant ?

Thanks !

Replies 5 (5)

Clint_Jackrabbi
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

I've got the same problem:

Variants to dissociate unexpected key variants_to_dissociate

This is the only thread related to this problem I've found in this community or on Google, it would be great if there was an answer.

AndiTalbot
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Did you figure it out? I'm having the same problem

SamIYam
Visitor
1 0 0

Not sure if you found a solution, but I got a similar message "Cannot disassociate variants when creating a profile". I have products by group and variants in each product. Some variants are heavier than others and I need different shipping rates. So I set up tiered rates and just added individual variants to them. When I tried to add a variant from a group I had already assigned a profile to I got this message. What seemed to work for me was to set up all the profiles without adding variants and just save them with no products assigned. I then went back through and added variants and it seemed to solve this problem. It seems that adding product while setting up each profile doesn't work if you have a variant. Which is just plain weird. 

huntoon22
Visitor
1 0 1

I just got this same error. I resolved it by creating the profile and adding the rates, then saving before adding the products. I guess Shopify doesn't like it when you try to do everything at once.

Tropicolor
Visitor
2 0 1

I haven't gotten any error just yet, so forgive me If I do, but the fix was as mentioned by Huntoon22.

Just add the rates first, save the profile, and then add the products. 

Good luck!