Question: How to hide shipping rates for no stock items at a location.

melonn
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, 

I would like to understand how the selection of a shipping rate for a Shopify location and the fulfillment location selected when the order is created works.

This is my case:

I have two locations, lets say Location A and Location B (Same country, different city):

• Location A is my main location and it has the #1 priority to fulfill orders.
  • Location B has the #2 priority to fulfill orders.
  • Both locations has mark "Fulfill online orders from this location".

I have two shipping rates at "General shipping rates".

The configuration is:

Location A:

• Shipping zone: City X --> Shipping Rate 1. (I only want to ship this product from this location to city X)

Location B:

• Shipping zone: City Y --> Shipping Rate 2. (I only want to ship this product from this location to city Y)

I have one product, lets say Product 1. (Continue selling when out of stock is DISABLED)

LocationStock
Location A5
Location B0

With the previous configuration, at the checkout when buying Product 1 if I select shipping address with city = City Y it shows the rates for Location B, and when the order is completed (from checkout) the order is created at Shopify and the location to be fulfilled is Location A.

So, my questions are:

1. How do I hide the Shipping Rate 2 when there's no stock at this location (Location B) given that this shipping rate is only active for that location and that city? Its this possible?

2. Its possible to don't allow Shopify to fulfill an order at a location when there's cero stock for the item?

My goals are:

1. Do not display shipping rates (that belongs to a location) when there's no stock at that Shopify Location.

2. Do not fulfill an order from a location when when there's no stock at that Shopify Location.

If someone can help me I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Replies 0 (0)