Recommendations for custom packaging

Neevan
Excursionist
30 0 7

Hi!

I am looking for custom packaging with printing service so that I can print my logo for the packaging of my products. Please do recommend some companies.

Thank you!

Regards,

Neevan

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 286

Hi, Neevan!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Have you already chosen a print-on-demand app for your online business? While there are quite a few in the Shopify App Store to choose from, most offer white-label branding, which means that the supplier's name isn't printed anywhere on the packaging.

After exploring some options, it looks like Printful would be a good fit for you. This app allows you to add your logo to the shipping label, which is then placed on the outside of most packages. They also offer the ability to include promotional materials in your orders, like flyers, business cards, stickers, buttons, and more. This is another great way to promote your brand. If you plan on selling clothing, then it's also worth noting that you'll be able to add custom inside and outside labels with your logo to products like t-shirts, leggings, etc. 

If you want complete control over your packaging, then I would suggest purchasing some inventory and fulfilling orders yourself. Doing so will give you the ability to add your logo to the packages, exactly as you see fit. In fact, there's actually an app called Brandable Box that allows you to create and purchase custom packages for your products. Of course, this would involve investing some upfront capital, but if building a strong brand is important to you, then this may be something worth considering. 

What kind of products will you be selling? Have you already found a supplier for your products? 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Neevan
Excursionist
30 0 7

Hi Julie,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have found my Print on Demand suppliers and Printful is one of them. For products from one of my POD suppliers, the packaging is labelled with the generic product models and prices listed on their website and they are not offering an option to replace with my product names and pricing. Having said that the quality and the cost price for their products are pretty good. Hence, that is why I am looking to source products from that but then repackage and ship out to my customers so that the I can avoid misleading my customers with labels that reflect my cost price. This company is based in China and initially, I was looking for warehousing and fulfilment provider in Hong Kong for the repackaging and shipping to my customers.

As I am starting off with stocking up in small quantities to see how is the demand for my products it is pretty tricky finding a warehousing and fulfilment provider. I was referred to a company in Hong Kong by Easyship but their charges and terms does not suit me. As such now I am considering using a warehousing and fulfilment provider in Singapore that works with Easyship since I am also based in Singapore.

But now my major challenge is finding a company for custom made shipping boxes to fit the dimensions of the umbrellas that I wish to sell. I did check out Brandable Box but like many of the companies based in the US they do not ship out the US. Hence, I am looking for company that produces custom made shipping boxes either in Singapore or overseas that can ship to Singapore.

Regards,

Neevan

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 286

Thanks for taking the time to follow up and share a bit more about your business, Neevan. 

What kind of products are you selling through Printful? Typically, their products are branded so I'm curious to know which ones you've selected. As for pricing, you should also be able to use your own pricing; the retail prices that you see in their catalog are mere suggestions and once the product is imported you can set whichever price you like.

It's great to hear that you've already looked into Brandable Box. Taking a look at the Shopify App Store, I managed to find a similar app called Arka: Packaging and Supplies. This app offers custom packaging solutions using eco-friendly materials. In their FAQ, they do state that they ship internationally.

Our blog post, "How to Use Ecommerce Packaging to Create a Memorable Unboxing Experience for Your Brand" also includes a list of suppliers for custom branded packaging that you should find useful. I recommend checking each one out to see what kind of packages they offer and whether they are able to ship to Singapore. Hopefully, there are a few suitable suppliers there for you.

I hope this helps you in your search for a supplier! Let me know what you think. 

0 Likes
Neevan
Excursionist
30 0 7

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will take a look at them to find out what works best for me.

Regards,

Neevan

fashionmode
Excursionist
17 0 3

Hello. 

I  have a similar question. I am getting ready to launch my online store for women's accessories. I will be selling silk scarves and jewelry/earrings (not branded). I am ordering from Aliexpress and I will ship it from home. I ordered my custom packaging, and custom made earring card holders ( with my logo and my website on it). My question is: Is it ok to put the earrings on my own card holders? And are there any requirements regarding information on where are the earrings made that I need to include? Do I have to add made in China on my own earrings card holders? Or it's ok just to have my logo there? Not sure where to find information about those regulations. I am only selling in USA right now.  

The silk scarves have labels on it that says 100% silk, and made in China.  But as far as the earrings, I am not sure how to proceed. Please help! 

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

K

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1103 105 286

Hey, @fashionmode!

It's great to hear that you're branding your product packaging. This is a great way to enhance your brand image, giving your business a professional touch. 

While I don't see any problems with using your own card holders, it's definitely worth asking a local legal expert who is familiar with ecommerce laws. They will be able to offer insight on your local business laws and regulations and also whether you need to state that the earrings are made in China. 

Where is your business based out of? Each country has different rules and regulations around packaging. For example, Canada has a "Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act" that outlines legal guidelines on how businesses must package their products. In the United States, there's a "Fair Packaging and Labeling Program". Since you're selling in the United States, this might be a resource worth looking into.

With so much to know, and a lot of it specific to your location and industry, it’s worth consulting with a lawyer to get advice before you launch your business. Investing time and money up front to obtain legal advice can save you from considerable headaches down the road. If you're based in the United States, then I recommend checking out this list of business and commercial lawyers available in each US state. 

Although this doesn't give you a definitive answer, it's important to note that each country has its own set of rules and regulations and for this reason, it's worth seeking legal advice. I hope these resources help guide you in the right direction!

0 Likes
fashionmode
Excursionist
17 0 3
Perfect. Thank you so much for your help. I am based in the USA (
Colorado). I will check all the links you sent and hopefully I figure it
out.

Best Regards,
Krassi

If you are looking for best Packaging Services? Then, refer Arka, one of the best Custom Packaging Companies in USA & Canada. Dive into the Arka product catalog for packaging solutions.

Arka.com
0 Likes
TheShoeGal
3 0 0

Hello Julie, I am new to this. I have a shoe business. The products will be shipped to me but I am looking for packaging with my logo that I can send to my clients. Any advice?

Taylor

0 Likes