refund after getting billed shopify plan before the 14days

Youssefo6
1 0 0

hello so my account was charged today i opened my store on april 2 we are april 16 i opened the store at 9pm and my account was charged at 11am of the morning i was planning to close the store at 12pm since i had no sales and i was just testing my first store ever to learn i was not planning on buying a plan when i came back i was shocked my bank account was billed of the plan that i did not want in the first place emailed the billing support in addition to the shipify normal support and guess what its been 5 hours and still no response i emailed them at 1pm its 7:27pm so 9pm is quite close i hope they not going to wait until then and say its been 14 days because obviously its not so please if anyone can help i appreciate it i can't just lose that money knowing im a student and i really need it 

thank you

Replies 26 (26)
yourcosmicstone
3 0 0

Hi I had intended to close my store the day before getting billed but it seems I was billed early. The billing invoice was less than 24 hours ago. Would it be possible to get refunded for yesterdays billing invoice if I were to close my store today. I can close it immediately after getting a response. My email is

ib2001
3 0 0

@Trevor 

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. You can email me at 

satya0625
1 0 0

Hi, Today my account was also charged but i have closed the store today only. Do I have to do anything apart from that for the refund? Please guide me. My Official email is and personal is 

alexalbti
1 0 0

Hey @Trevor,

I have the same issue. I've already closed my store.

Could you please send me email with instructions on how to get my subscription fee refunded?

ib2001
3 0 0

@Trevor 

Hello,

Following up on the email I received from you, here is the url to the website I closed 

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3177 419 708

@ib2001 

You will need to reply to the email I have sent to your email to verify the account properly. For security reasons, I have removed your store URL and email from your previous replies. 

@yourcosmicstone 

As per our Terms of Servicewe do not offer refunds, but if your store was recently closed then we may be able to offer an exception. I have sent you an email to verify the account to the email attached to your forums account. For security reasons, I have removed your email from your previous reply. 

@satya0625 

I've sent you an email to verify the account so that we can review the refund request. Please follow up there with the requested information. 

For security reasons, I have removed your emails from your previous reply. 

@alexalbti 

I've sent you an email to verify the account so that we can review the refund request. Please follow up there with the requested information. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3177 419 708

Hello, Future Viewers!

The Shopify Community is not a regularly monitored channel. As per our Terms of Servicewe do not offer refunds, but if your store was recently closed then we may be able to offer an exception. It would be best to reach out to our 24/7 Live Support via phone, chat, or social media (Twitter & Facebook). Reaching out to our live support will ensure our teams can review your refund request to determine if we are able to make an exception. Reaching out to our support will provide a better user experience for you while ensuring your question is reviewed as soon as possible. Due to this, I will be closing the forum post for all future replies. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog