Can I register a domain directly through Shopify?

Edulocksmiths
Visitor
3 0 0

Screenshot 2021-12-16 093912.png

Replies 5 (5)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @Edulocksmiths!

The specific error on your screenshot is one that comes about when you try to purchase a domain that is considered a premium domain. Premium domains are short and memorable, typically ending in an extension such as .com.

They tend to cost more than normal domains as they more likely to drive traffic to a website - however at the moment, we are not equipped to sell those particular domains.
A workaround here is to instead purchase a variation of your domain name that might be long or end in a different extensions such as .shop or .org - you can check out some variations that are available if you search for your domain name here

If you would still like to purchase that premium domain name as it is, you can also look into registering it with a third party host such as GoDaddy and then connecting it to Shopify following these steps here

If you're unsure, you can also check the domain with our support here and from there we will confirm if the issue is in fact with it being a premium domain, or if its something else.  

I noticed that this is your first post in the community, welcome! How are you finding Shopify so far? If you're only getting started, the domain is an important element to set up in the beginning, but have you looked into the other settings yet? If you're not sure where to start, check out our Shopify Blog guide on How to Start an Online Store which goes through everything you need to do to get set up, step-by-step. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Edulocksmiths
Visitor
3 0 0
I tried @Edulocksmiths.online, got the same rejection, say something about
"edit store information"
Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Thanks for trying that!

Another reason this might be happening could also be related to the formatting of your phone number. For this, could you please get in touch with us through this link here so that we could check it out? The reason that I am redirecting you to that support link is because at the moment we are unable to look into your account details via the Shopify Community.

Edulocksmiths
Visitor
3 0 0
Getting a bit frustrated now. Try to change currency, tried to change
telephone number ..
Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

I understand your frustrations here.

At this point I would like to reiterate that it is important that you contact us through the link from my last reply - that way we will be able to look into your account directly and see how this can be resolved for you. Again, this is only because I don't have the ability to look into your account through the Community at the moment. 

To make it easier when you get in touch with us there, I recommend you link our thread as it will save you time explaining the issue and the troubleshooting/alternatives that you have looked into already.