Can code implement a checkout charity donation feature on Shopify?

RetailForThePpl
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I'm looking to add a rounding up charity donation feature to the checkout of my page. I have seen some similar posts that mention some different apps, but is this possible to implement via code? Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @RetailForThePpl.

Thanks for reaching out. I would love to see how the community and I can help! 

You mentioned that you found some posts that had similar solutions, do you have links to those posts that you can share here? Also, do you have an example website of what you're looking to do?

Let us know and we can take a further look!

Talk soon, 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

RetailForThePpl
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Hey there, sorry I am having trouble finding the thread I saw it mentioned in, but I will look again...

But to better explain, we are wanting to be able to round up from for example 18.75 so that the customer would have the option to round up to the nearest dollar amount and then the difference would be donated to a charity we have identified. So for my example the customer would have the option if they so choose to make a donation, and it would round the checkout total from 18.75 to 19.00 and the .25 cent difference would then be able to be the donated amount. Do you have any knowledge of apps that might be able to accomplish this? Hope that makes sense. Thanks!