Secured Credit Card for Monthly Bill

domoariroboto
1 0 0

Hello, my trial just ended and I've signed up for a credit card to be able to pay for the monthly bill with Shopify, but it is a secured Credit card. Does that have an effect as to why my card is not going through? It keep saying: 

"We could not verify your credit card. The credit card was rejected by our payment services provider. Please double check your credit card information and try again or use a different credit card."

I am using an Opensky Secured Credit Card. Does anyone know if those don't work? Could anyone point me to a secured card that does work?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1205 86 195

Hey,  domoariroboto.

Tira here to help.

Thanks for the information about your credit card and the error message you received when you tried to use it on Shopify. 

It sounds like you were looking to choose a plan after your trial completed. This error message is expected if the credit card being used does not meet our requirements. Credit cards must be a post paid credit card, and must be a valid Mastercard, VISA or AMEX credit card. 

Here are a list of requirements that must be met to use a credit card for your Shopify Bill:

• Must be capable of accepting charges in USD
  • Must be a post-paid credit card (pre-paid credit cards may work, but they must be able to accept recurring charges - it’s best to check with your credit card provider on this)
  • Must be capable of making online purchases
  • Must be capable of accepting recurring billing
  • If you’re using a cobranded credit/debit card, it must be cobranded with a credit card that is Mastercard, VISA or AMEX credit card
  • The credit card must have appropriate funds available
  • The billing address and card details must be exactly what your bank has on file
  • There must not be any restrictions on the card on how much your bank would allow to be processed at once

Check out our help doc for more information on managing your Shopify bill, where you can learn about the payment methods we accept: credit card, Shopify Balance and PayPal. 

I recommend reaching out to Opensky to see if they meet the requirements that I listed above. You can send them this forums post to take a look at the requirements. Here is their contact page.

Have you already tried to reach out to them? If so, what did they say?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes