SHIPPING ERROR PLEASE HELP

Garland_Haley
47 0 0

Everytime I add a FREE + SHIPPING item to my cart it says "Your cart has been modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate." I am using weighted shipping methods to determine price f the free+shipping items... Any help?? I feel like it drives customers away if they see an error

Replies 19 (19)
Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 19 88

Hi, Garland. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

It sounds like your shipping settings might not be matching up with how your products have been formatted. 

Using weight-based rates is often the best way to approach free + shipping equations. Some common errors are merchants having missing gaps between the different shipping rates OR having overlapping weights

Shipping is based on the total order weight or value, so If you have your products at 1lbs each (for example) then you should have a rate for each lb. 0-1lb = $5.00 , 1.1-2lbs = $10.00, 2.1-3lbs = $15.00, etc. and so on. 

If you need some help getting things figured out, or a closer look at your settings please get in touch with us directly.

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Garland_Haley
47 0 0

Free Shipping 0 lb – 0.1 lb Free Edit 

Standard Shipping 0.2 lb – 1.1 lb $9.9 5Edit 

Standard Shipping 1.9 lb – 2.1 lb $18.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 2.9 lb – 3.1 lb $27.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 3.9 lb – 4.1 lb $36.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 4.9 lb – 5.1 lb $45.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 5.9 lb – 6.1 lb $54.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 6.9 lb – 7.1 lb $63.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 7.9 lb – 8.1 lb $72.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 8.9 lb – 9.1 lb $81.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 9.9 lb – 10.1 lb $90.95 Edit 

Standard Shipping 10.9 lb – 11.1 lb $99.95

@Max these are my rates

Garland_Haley
47 0 0

Still have issue. Tried making sample package .00001 lb

Garland_Haley
47 0 0

bump

Cat_Planet_Onli
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

I've had similar issues but I managed to fix the problem.

If you still need help let me know.

Ian

Carlos_Rogel
1 0 0

Hi Cat Planet / Ian,

I am encountering this same issue. How did you manage to fix it? 

Thanks!

Cat_Planet_Onli
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello there,

This is the message contained in a red box that I was getting when testing my checkout - 'Your cart has been modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate.'

I fixed the problem after possibly dementing a few helpful Shopify Guru's in the process who spent a considerable time with me on the issue.

1. Go to 'products' and check 'all products' then 'edit products' once they all load click 'add fields' then add 'weight' and 'requires shipping'. Once all the page has loaded with those two new fields you then need to check every box in the 'requires shipping' field. If you have a lot of items then you might want to scroll up and down a few times and double check that all boxes are ticked because if you miss one out that could throw things out later. Next, in the 'weight' field and in every item use 0.0 (kg or lbs) again, double check that all boxes have 0.0 (kg or lbs). Now, if some of your items are 'free plus shipping' then you want to change the 0.0 to 1.0 (kg or lbs) and that's all that's needed for that part. 

2. Go to 'settings/shipping' and then make the domestic shipping rates identical to the rest of the world.

I've attached the shipping rates I use for the 'free plus shipping' method.

This appears to have fixed my cart errors so let me know if it fixes it for you.

Cat_Planet_Onli
Tourist
9 0 1

Rest of world rates.

Cat_Planet_Onli
Tourist
9 0 1

If you are shipping heavy items then you will need to reconfigure the shipping weights to suit your needs but the example I have show will be ok for lightly weighted items.

Hope this helps

Gustavo_Florent
Tourist
3 0 1

When I add Free Plus Shipping items to my cart I always get this error: 

"Your cart has been modified and the shipping rate you previously selected no longer applies. Please select a new rate." If I refresh the screen several times and toggle between the shipping screen and payment screen, the issue goes away, but no customer is going to do that. I can't sell anything while I have this issue. Please help. 

I am using the weight-based rates and no price-based rates. 

United States

Edit

Free Shipping 0.0 lb – 0.0 lb Free 

Standard Shipping 0.1 lb – 0.1 lb $7.95

Standard Shipping 0.2 lb – 0.2 lb $15.90

Standard Shipping 0.3 lb – 0.3 lb $23.85

Standard Shipping 0.4 lb – 0.4 lb $31.68

Standard Shipping 0.5 lb – 0.5 lb $39.75

Standard Shipping 0.6 lb – 200.0 lb $200.00

Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 19 88

Hi, Gustavo!

This is Max from the Shopify Guru Team. 

Have you checked that all of your products are precisely 0.1lb each? If not, those very precise ranges will not work.

The next thing you'd want to check is that your package weight is not interfering with this equation. In the Shopify admin, go to Settings > Shipping > scroll to Packages and review the Default package weight. Click Edit to change, and be sure to Save

I hope that helps you solve the issue! If not, feel free to reach out to support directly.

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Gustavo_Florent
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Max, 

Thank you for your reply. I am assigning a weight of 0 to all my products except the Free & Shipping item, which has a weight of 0.1 lbs. I also checked the default box weight, which is 0.  I tried weight increments of 1 lbs instead of 0.1 lbs and I still get the error.  If all the items in the cart are Free plus Shipping, there is no issue. If all the items are Free Shipping there is also no issue. The problem arises when I have a Free plus Shipping item and a Free Shipping item in the cart. The idea is to get the customers to the site with the Free item then get them to buy other items, so this is a serious issue. Thanks again. 

Gus

Cat_Planet_Onli
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Gus,

I had the same problem and the solution was posted above.

Cat Team

Gustavo_Florent
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Max, I figured it out. The problem happened only in Google Chrome. It works fine in Explorer. The culprit was Google autofill. At the shipping screen, it would autofill my name and email address which are constants, but it would also try to autofill the shipping. The error arose because there was both free shipping and standard shipping for the Free plus Shipping item and autofill would default to FREE. I solved it by turning off Google autofill then clearing the cache, cookies, etc. Now it works in Chrome as well as Explorer. 

Thanks,

Gus

Olly17
11 0 0

I'm using the price based rate and I have the same issue...

I have a free shipping for visitors buying at least 3 pieces (same product, 3 pack product)... Anyway...

Free shipping is working well when they buy 3 or more than 3 products, so they get the free shipping) but for those who buy 1 or 2 products ( paying the shipping) I have this message coming in the red box... Spent my day on it .... Don't know what to do really,

Any idea where it is coming from?

Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 19 88

Hi, Olly. 

Max, again. 

Could you share what kind of shipping rates you have created on your shop?

Do you have one rate for one item and another for two? We'd want to make sure that these match the product prices or weights of the inventory in your shop. 

Let us know some more details and we'd be happy to help (Admin screenshots and product links preferred)!

Cheers,
Max
support@shopify.com

MikeInkd
1 0 0

I am also having this same problem.

My shipping is based on price. Please see attached my rates for Domestic as well as my settings for the Free Shipping Threshold.

However my Top Bar Text showing how much one needs to spend to unlock the free shipping is not working. What could be the problem. Please help. 

I recently changed the shipping costs for domestic shipping

Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
583 19 88

Hi, @MikeInkd 

Max, again! 

The settings for your banner look to be controlled by your theme directly. You'd want to want to do some troubleshooting with the developer for any issues with that information display!

For the shipping rates, are you having trouble displaying these options in the checkout for US/Canadian customers? It looks like that is what you have things set up for currently;

10-49-tj7xs-uaq48

These look like they should be compatible with our manual rate options. If you had an example of the rates showing at checkout or any error messaging, that would be great.

randevou
Tourist
4 0 1

It could be that I needed to SAVE changes I was making at the completion of each step while setting up Shipping. Yes, I had this problem myself, and I know how it feels. It disappointed me hugely, i.e. I have not been able to rightly set up the most crucial stage in the process – the checkout, the payment. What my customers will think of it! So I tried many things, including clearing Chrome cache files. Now let me first explain the set up I was trying to create. I created two Shipping Zones in the GENERAL SHIPPING RATES profile (including all products): ePacket (including all 44 countries with Free shipping), and Rest of World (including all the rest of the counties, with a paid shipping). Once I had the problem of that message popping up at the checkout, and after I had tried many other methods. I thought let us try eliminating shipping zones, just one taken out at one time. When I deleted Rest of World, the first I eliminated, the problem was gone. I created Rest of the World again, and the problem did not come back. Great! What a relief! This obviously worked for me.