Shipping name displaying different?

slimjim1009
Tourist
47 0 3

I ship using Royal Mail  for most things and now clothing which is shipped from somewhere else so I created a new shipping name called DPD clothing so when people add clothing they pay £5.00 but on the website it just displays as shipping not as the setting I set? 
move deleted and added it again with no luck? Any ideas how to fix 

Replies 8 (8)

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hey, @slimjim1009!

I'm Ava from Shopify, I'd like to help you out here.

Are you still having a problem with your shipping rates displaying? If you do, could you send me a screenshot of the way your rates are set up? And also, a link to your website here so I can test out the shipping rates myself to see if I can find what the issue is here! I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

slimjim1009
Tourist
47 0 3

Hello @Ava 
Yes I am having an issue still.  What is happening we have clothing which is in it's own profile compared to our other items as our supplier charges us the shipping to send direct to customer so we need to charge this.
If someone orders just clothing the shipping rate is fine but if they order clothing and other products we end up having the rate as "Shipping" so nothing assigned from either of our profiles.

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Ah, I see, thank you for the context!

It sounds like what is happening here is that your shipping rates are combining at the checkout

When using multiple shipping profiles, or having multiple locations within profiles, if orders contain products from different profiles or locations, this will result in combined rates at the checkout. At this time, there is no way to disable combined rates natively if you have multiple shipping profiles, or have multiple locations within profiles. We have some more information you can check out on combined rates here.

This feature is in place to make sure you don't end up overpaying for shipping when customers order products from multiple profiles or locations, but I can appreciate how this may not be desired for all. Currently, the only available workaround would be to use an app to set up more specific shipping rules. Some options you could consider are: 

I do think this is a great idea though! I will submit this to our internal team to be reviewed as a possible future feature of the admin. As our platform is constantly growing and improving, our team love to get feedback from our merchants on what features/edits they need to improve their workflow. So once I submit this as a feature request on your behalf, our team can review the request. So hopefully, this can be something that is available in the future.

There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, *or* make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate you reaching out with your suggestion, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request.

While we would not have a specific timeline for how long that might take, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there.

Let me know what you think! 

Ava

slimjim1009
Tourist
47 0 3

Hi @Ava 

I was told this by peter before and he suggested some apps to help but sadly we didn't want to really have to pay for an app just to help make a profile work better but if it was something that could be done so that rules could be added to the pprofiles that would help many others with the same issue as me possibly?

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Thanks for responding!

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to edit the way the shipping profiles are currently set up, so we couldn't add rules to profiles the same way you could with an app. This is because their current set up is hard-coded into Shopify's core systems, which is something we wouldn't be able to edit.

But I can definitely understand why you would not like to pay extra for an app! As a business, you must keep costs down. Can I ask about the product with the extra shipping added by the supplier - is it only this one product that has an extra fee to ship? Would it be an option for you to add the cost of the extra shipping into the cost of the product? For example, if the product is $10 and the extra shipping is $5, would it be an option for you to charge $15 for the product and then have the regular shipping rates from your general shipping profile apply? This would remove the need for the extra shipping profile if it is there just for that product. Would that work for you as a workaround?

Let me know what you think! 

Ava

slimjim1009
Tourist
47 0 3

@Ava 

the items which we charge £5 extra for shipping is all the human hoodies and t-shirts which is all made to order so works with one of our apps.  The order of clothing comes in and syncronizes with the app and it also is meant to match up the shipping rate so for example "Clothing shipping" would match with 4 day fast automatically and then it goes into production.  this works if they only order the clothing and if they order a mixed amount of items it does "shipping" but because shipping does not appear in the app it doesn't match up to the right production time in the app.

I think increasing the price could put people off slightly as it's pretty competively priced right now. I understand what you are saying but if we did this for the tshirts it would be £25.00 but then they will be charged the normal shipping of £3.50 which in theory it should be free?  What would the work around be for that?

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hey again, @slimjim1009!

Would you be able to share some screenshots with me of the way your current shipping rates are set up in your general profile, and your extra profile for your clothing prdocuts? Just so I have more context on the issue here. Also, could you share a link to your store so I can check out the shipping rates in action? This will give me a better idea of how the rates are showing at checkout!

Which app are you using at the moment? You mentioned 'shipping' is not showing up as a rate in the app you're using, could you let me know the name of the app?

Thank you! 

Ava

slimjim1009
Tourist
47 0 3

Hi @Ava 

We are not using any apps at all just shopify standard options for shipping. 

the store is prettypawfectboutique.co.uk  If you just purchase clothing the methid is "Clothing shipping" which is great but the issue is when you pruchase clothing plus other items it displays "Shipping" which combines both profiles so doesnt give any clean profile name.  I think thats the issue mainly