Shipping Original Oil Paintings and hand finished Fine Art Prints.

GraceWilmshurst
Excursionist
30 0 8

Hello!

I'm a Fine Artist shipping from the UK.

I've finished building my store and feel delighted with it but am seriously struggling with shipping (and I'm still struggling with Brexit! grrr)

I have two types of products to ship to UK mainland and also the Rest of the World.

Ideally I would like the whole process to be sorted through Shopify and not to have to independently arrange couriers.

My products are:

• Hand Finished fine art prints - rolled and packed in waterproof tubes. Max height 1 meter (which I usually send next day signed for with Royal Mail)
  • Original Oil Canvases - Packed with bubble wrap and placed in fine art insulated padded silver bags. Max size 1mx1m

Which service or plug-in app would be best for this please? Obviously all weights would differ and my smallest canvas with packaging would be 1kg.

I'm also offering free UK Mainland delivery for all tubed prints as I have to be competitive with galleries.

A flat rate for sending tubed prints to the rest of the world would be charged at £35 (customers being responsible for their own country's custom taxes ontop of this).

I'd need insured shipping for up to £2,000 for original Oil canvases to be shipped within UK and to the rest of the world. I'd need a competitive rate to supply a quote to my customers.

I've written this all in my shipping policy and on my product page for every canvas, asking customers to make contact for a shipping quote.

If anyone could help me with how to tackle this I'd be sincerely grateful!

Big thanks

G

Replies 2 (2)

PeterMarch
4 0 0

It's a great idea, and I love how focused you are on this case. I also like paintings and galleries in which there is real art. I am also fond of drawing pictures, I use all kinds of paints and crayons that come to hand. I especially like to draw by numbers if I find an interesting and beautiful picture of mountains or forests. More recently, I found a platform where you can order a photo that can then be paint by numbers. That's a great idea, isn't it? I plan to do this all summer because finally I will have a long awaited vacation and free time that I can devote to myself

banned

Rayduil_2
Visitor
1 0 0

This business is a brilliant idea. And I really appreciate how you want the delivery to be free. It means a lot to your customers.