Shipping Profiles and Packaging

ZahrahL
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello!

I was wondering when we would be able to connect a package size to shipping profiles. We have a small package that we ship at different rates than our other products and we need to be able to set it that way. You've already added different profiles for rates so why not have a separate package size for those rates?

Thank you for your time.

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hey @ZahrahL,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I can completely understand how the limitation of packages being generalized to the shipping setting as a whole may not be ideal, but am happy to make note of this feedback. 

Currently both packages and shipping weights are connected to all shipping profiles, zones, and rates, with the ability to have one package set as the default. Due to this, I can share this suggestion with our Developers. Your feedback is important to us and are always looking for ways to improve the platform. In addition to this, the more feedback we receive the more likely it is to be added within the future! 

While this is not guarantee and am unable to provide a time frame, you can look to adding additional packages as a workaround. Numerous packages can be added to the shipping section of the admin and does not limit the amount you can have available to allow for selection when purchasing shipping labels. 

For more information on how to select a different package when purchasing shipping labels, you can check out our Buying Shipping Labels documentation for those details. To achieve this, you can:

• From the Shopify admin, head into the Orders section. 
  • Click an order that contains unfulfilled items.

• In the Unfulfilled section, click Create shipping label.

• In the Items section, confirm the number of items that you want to include in this fulfillment. If you want to ship the customer's order using more than one fulfillment, then change the quantity of each item that you don't want to ship in this fulfillment. You can buy an additional shipping label for each fulfillment that's required to complete the entire order.

• Select a package from the Package drop-down menu, and then enter the weight of your shipment in the Total weight text box.

If you want to add a new package type, then click Add package. In the Add a package dialog, enter the information about your new package type, and then click Add package. You can also edit your default package settings.

• Select a shipping method in the Shipping Service section.

• If you're shipping internationally, then you need to provide customs information, including a Harmonized System (HS) code. Click Edit customs information to add your shipment details to the customs information form.
  • If you're using Shopify Shipping with UPS, then you need to accept the Shopify Shipping UPS Terms.

• Review your shipping details in the Summary section, and then click Buy shipping label.

• Choose whether to collate your shipping labels with any customs forms or packing slips, and then select your printing paper format.

• Print your shipping labels and documents.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog