Shopify mark a lot of Paypal order as High Risk

Cody917
Excursionist
14 0 8

Hi there

I am using an Apps call FraudBlock Fraud Prevention to prevent fraud order. However, the Apps depends on Shopify Fraud analysis and a lot of order from Paypal are mark as high risk. Is there anyway that Shopify can improve the Fraud analysis on Paypal or is it possible for us to modify the Shopify Fraud analysis such as filter Paypal payment? 

The order problem is the cancelled order is still show on Shopify report even the order is cancelled after 14 days. The order is still authorized instead of voided. It totally messed up my report and is Shopify planing to fixing it?

Thank you so much for reading this.

Replies 4 (4)

Beacon-Jason
Shopify Partner
284 17 61

Hi @Cody917 ,

There is currently no way to customize the Shopify default fraud analysis.  Have you tried Shopify's fraud filter? It allows you some degree of customization, but not by much.

In terms of voiding the order, why don't you switch your payment capture to "Manual". Once you do this, you would be able to void the transaction without capturing the payment. I'd be happy to help you get this setup if you need assistance.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks with Beacon. The most customizable fraud and risk management system built for Shopify businesses

https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
Cody917
Excursionist
14 0 8

cuz I needed the payment capture to be auto because I am selling a digital product. Fraud filter is not helpful at all for my case that is why I am using the Fraudblock apps.

Beacon-Jason
Shopify Partner
284 17 61

Yes, that is perfectly fine. Check with your digital fulfillment system to see if the system is designed to only fulfill orders on payment captured. If so, then you are safe to turn on manual payment capture and only capture orders that are safe to process. This way, will you have better control over the system rules. 

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks with Beacon. The most customizable fraud and risk management system built for Shopify businesses

https://apps.shopify.com/beacon

vdikhtiaruk
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

You can use 3P ‑ Your Paypal Protection on orders paid with PayPal. You can add different tags or risk indicators for orders where customer email does not match email used for payment in PayPal.